Dragon Knight [1.09]

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by mamga, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

The correct place would be documents\gaslamp games\dungeons of dredmor\mods

2. TCM999

TCM999 Member

Thx pokenoob and daynab :)

3. TCM999

TCM999 Member

wow tested it out and just wow i took out an intire monster zoo with the dragon skill the one that turns you into a dragon i love this mod wow is all i have to say thx magma for creating and awsome mod i hope it never dyes :cool:
    Edit thx for correctin me pokenoob and again thx daynab and pokenoob for support

4. Pokenoob

Pokenoob Member

I think magma made this, so give credit to magma!

5. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

Mamga, I intend to refer to your XML code for "become the dragon" to try and work out a transformation for my in-progress Radiant Wizard mod, may I have your permission to do so?

6. mamga

mamga Member

Sure thing.

7. Dray`Gon

Dray`Gon Member

I'd been playing around with this mod (because, if you haven't guessed, I'm a fan of dragons). Anyways, I finally got my hands on a Root of T'Char and ate it. I then noticed that occasionally, glyphs would appear as I was stepping off a square. Is it possible the fire trail left behind could follow the same mechanic so that you aren't hurting yourself as bad when you've transformed?

8. Silvertongued

Silvertongued Member

I quite liked this mod, but feel it is overpowered. The Chomp alone is too big, as it provides Vampire HP abilities, without the no-food caveat. Add to that the super HP regen, and I hit level 8 of the dungeons almost without ever eating any food nor being in any danger.

9. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I still use it from time to time. I actually pick five or six mod skills that I could and would like to take on my melee characters and roll for them from a list. When I get this one I am virtually immune to fire, especially if I have Promethean Magic too. It gives a flatly uber capstone ability that has a long cooldown. I rarely ever use it though. The passives are half the strength of this ability. And they may well be overpowered in that it gives a passive :life_steal: on attacks on a chance.

In order of usefulness, I would say:
    1. Chomp. It is a 25%chance to heal off any living thing. That is awesome by itself.
    2. Tail Slam. Again a 25% chance. But it does not heal. It is an additional yet somewhat weak attack. The more, the Merrier. (Spelling?)
    3. Dragon Rage. It stacks up to six times, yet has a relatively short duration. If the duration were twice thrice as long I could manage half the game with all six stacks of it.
    4. Become the Dragon. This ability turns you into the Avatar of Draconian Destruction. If I were a lame cheater, I would edit the XML to make the cooldown the same as the duration, or even add a digit to the duration. That would be somewhat awesome until you finally see enemies with strong :resist_conflagratory:. And I cheat in other, more creative ways anyway. But take it from me, this skill is well worth the expense in skill points, even if it were all you got from the skill tree. Odd as it sounds I find walking around like this almost more useful than standing flying my ground and fighting. The fire is exceptionally useful in zoos. Just run around and teleport where you want to actually fight.