Does Warlockery work right yet?

Discussion in 'You Have To Name The Expansion Pack' started by Essence, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

1) yeah, the devs couldn't figure out how to get BlockBuff working correctly, so they made it a PlayerHitBuff and toned it down accordingly. I've shown them how to fix BlockBuff so hopefully the next update will correct that.

2) Essence of Battle's tooltip is trying to tell you that you're eating a point of mana a turn (charging your body with raw thaumaturgical essence) in order to get combat buffs (which it gives you.) :p

3) Thanks!

4) That's not quite what's supposed to happen. It's supposed to be that you lose the turn casting, gain three turns in a row, and then lose 2 turns in a row. The empowered version is the same but with four turns in a row (and still only 2 lost at the end.)

5) Manacalypse does need to be powered up, I think. You're hardly the first person to say it's really weak for what it does.

6) There is no formula -- it's a massive torturous pile of stacked randomnesses that comes out wildly variable (deliberately) and is even further confounded by the way it interacts with enemy resists (which is to say, one or two points of enemy resist can literally wipe dozens of points of damage out of a single blow.) :)

OmniaNigrum, Kazeto and Caio Caly like this.
  2. Caio Caly

Caio Caly Member

Cool! Thanks for the info!

About the tooltip, I wasn`t talking about Essence of Battle`s, but the one, I think is from manacalypse, that says that additionally from learning that skill, your empowered form will get tougher and more manaful. But i tested my Essence of Battle after and before learning this other skill that says Empowered form will get tougher and it doesn`t change the buff.

I`m sorry if my text it`s too confusing, I`m not sure how good my english is!

I really like Warlockery, hope it gets even better!

One more question: when the Arcane Capacitor is almost overloading (1 turn after charge) there is a chance it will overload and cause those debufs and a chance it wont right?
    One more more question: Arcane Capacitor wont unload if you miss, but Puissant Touch`s aetherial damage component never misses so it`s a safe way of aplying it right?

(im asking this because i`m updating the wikia page on Warlockery xD)

Thanks for the attention o/

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Oh, I get it. You're right, actually -- that flavor text is left over from when Essence of Battle was a polymorph spell instead of the normal buff it currently is. I'll ask them to change that. :)

There's a 1/3 chance of an overload on turn 4, a 100% chance of overload on turn 5, and it explodes on turn 6.

I believe so. I've never had it fail when I used Puissant Touch, and my understanding of the game is that it won't, but I'm not 100% positive.

OmniaNigrum likes this.