Disable automatic use of lockpicks

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aerebus, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Aerebus

Aerebus Member

Is there a way to disable using lockpicks automatically on doors and chests? On builds without burglary, I find myself dropping all my lockpicks every time I find a locked door, and kicking the door down before picking them back up. Then I actually have some left for locked chests.

Bohandas likes this.
  2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Not currently, unfortunately.

3. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

This should be moved into the Suggestions forum. Also, I agree: having a simple checkbox in the Options for "auto-lockpick on door" and "auto-lockpick on chest" would be really, really nice.

Bohandas likes this.
  4. SilvasRuin

SilvasRuin Member

I agree. On higher/earlier floors, I much prefer bashing doors down and conserving lockpicks for chests when I'm running low. I wouldn't want to bash later doors down, but being able to conserve lockpicks automatically on earlier floors would be a great boon and potentially even a lifesaver.

5. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

This is something that would greatly enhance the game.

6. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Please don't necro a bunch of threads over a year old, we're already aware of these suggestions and they're either on a todo list or we decided against them. Bundle them up in one thread with your list if you want to remind us.

Kazeto likes this.
  7. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Sorry.