Development roadmap

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by AmblingAlong, Aug 31, 2015.

1. AmblingAlong

AmblingAlong Member

Hey, I was wondering if there was any sort of publicly viewable roadmap/development plan for this game. I played a while back and have taken a six-month break or so, and am really curious about when we might start to see the industrialization portion of the game (i.e. factories/dynamics/machines). I know there's a general feature list with a % attached to it, but most of the stuff I'm interested in doesn't seem to appear on it.

2. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Yes! The official development page is here:

http://clockworkempires.com/development.html

The reason we don't really do a roadmap *with estimates* is because, well, it's just basically a bad idea. First off, we don't know what will still make sense as we put other features into the game; second off, we don't know how long it will take to balance or support existing features, and third off, stuff can constantly get interrupted by bug fxies, or other more urgent features, or random acts of madness/strange moods. But the development page is your best estimate.

3. AmblingAlong

AmblingAlong Member

Thanks for the response!

If you wouldn't mind one more- currently the 'playable progress' on buildings is at 93%, but as far as I can tell, most of the buildings aren't in the game yet- there aren't any factories, for example. Am I reading the chart wrong, or as the vision for the game changed?

4. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Adding an individual building is very easy. It refers to the "buildings" code overall. Again, this is why we have a playable versus development chart.

5. AmblingAlong

AmblingAlong Member

Ah, so I did misunderstand what the % referred to. Many thanks!

Also: awesome you guys comment here so frequently, I hope you've gotten a lot of appreciation for that. It's rare, and great to see.