Descent into the Dungeon OOC thread

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Dyrynify, Oct 25, 2011.

1. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

Sorry about the delay in posting, guys. I was giving everyone a chance to do stuff yesterday, and I don't normally get to use the 'puter until the evening. (My wife gets first dibs, and today was one of those errands-all-day types.)

2. Godwin

Godwin Member

No worries, we all have lives away from the pc (I presume :p).

3. blob

blob Member

A lot of fun to read ! Never thought of doing Rpg using D&D rules through a forum before, seems to work great !

4. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

The forums here seem to be okay for it; there's definitely a lot of formatting goodies, which are good -- but people can't edit their posts, which limits things a little.

There's another forum that's custom-made for play-by-post games of any system: RPOL. I highly recommend it.

5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Uh, unless that changed (I can't see since the edit function is everywhere for me) you CAN edit your posts. It's to the right of the checking square and time posted below your posts. I used it a few times before I was mod so I know it was there.

6. Godwin

Godwin Member

Nah the RPG subforum is special and you can't there (if you are a normal user anyway). I understand the reasoning, but I actually asked someone just a few hours ago whether they could install an 8-min (if it's easy to do, and if the DM agrees, I don't know what he thinks) 'edit-allowance' as they have on some forums. That way we cannot alter the past so it all stays clear for the DM and there's no cheating possible (well... I assume the chance that 2 out of 5 people from all over the world post within 8 minutes of each other AND there being an error in the first post that results in confusion is really small), while it does make the thing cleaner for everyone (since I sometimes forget I cast 3 magic missiles instead of 2 :p).

7. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

oh okay, I understand. My bad.

8. blob

blob Member

Thanks for the link Paladin :)

9. Godwin

Godwin Member

Could people check the names they use, it's already happened twice that people say the wrong name... it's weird :p
    Case in point: I was already in bed, Berz ;)

10. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

my bad.

11. Essence

"Any toothpick is a blade in my hands!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahaaa....

Great line. :D

12. Ha. If you're going to play that one, then I will now take this opportunity to roll for Hort's sexuality.

The ONE percent chance that he was asexual and I rolled it. So there you have it.

13. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Seriously? "Any toothpick is a blade in my hands"? He would NEED to be asexual for his brain to not explode from the innuendo.

14. Essence

Umm...DM? Knock knock?

15. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Sorry folks, I had a crappy week. Someone torched our apartment building trying to kill their ex. I know, cause I heard her yelling at her. I will update by the end of the week.

16. Essence

Wow...that sucks. Anything we can do? :oops:

17. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

Wow. That tops my situation by a long shot. Take what time you need.

18. Godwin

Godwin Member

Yeah wow hope you're okay and good luck solving the situation!

19. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

We are all all right. Just trying to get all our ducks in a row.

20. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

Behold! Swig has gained a level!

(I've attached the PDFs with his character sheets. They're for the DM, but, really, I can't stop the rest of you from looking at it.)

Attached Files: