Decent into the Dungeon (IC Thread)

Discussion in 'RPGs' started by Dyrynify, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

That's ok. Your expendable. (lol) Oh, don't worry about getting the pearls. Berz heading to bed as well?

2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Berz looks over at Rantic, down at his empty glass, and thoughtfully over at the bartender.

"Well. He's a talkative one. But I think he's right about one thing. Bed is calling."

Berz rises and looks down -- way down -- at Rantic. "Meet here at dawn?' And without waiting for a reply, he makes his way to the staircase.

3. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

And with that, everyone lived happily ever after... no, you all just sleep well, and do whatever else you need to do to be ready for the next day. In the morning, Swig does as promised, and does magic... stuff. Really, it just looks like he drinks some wine and mumbles to himself while he looks carefully at the items.

"Well, there are three magic things here. One, the bag itself. It just looks like a type 3 bag of holding to me. Second, the small rapier found in the bag. It is full of transmutation and evocation magic. The third, these big ol' gloves. They have very strong transmutation magic on them. That great sword is just a regular sword."

4. Essence

"Well...obviously the darky should take the toothpick. Unless you think you can use it better than an elf, Hort. I don't care who takes the bag. I'm still looking for some gloves, though...and those are pretty big ol' gloves. Any objections?"

5. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

The rapier is small, and wont re-size like a normal magic weapon will.

6. "Any toothpick is a blade in my hands!"
    Hort takes the rapier and makes various stabbing and swinging motions in the air, trying to look as stylish as possible (+10 to attack the air if you want to roll to see how stylish it was)

"As for the bag, I say that we all use it as a way for the whole party to have a place to store things. We could all take turns carrying it around the cave. I'll take the first turn if no one else wants to. When are we headed off to the cave anyway?"

Dyrynify and Essence like this.
  7. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

"Soon as we're stocked on food. And booze. We'll need booze." Swig jams an armful of bottles into the magical sack, then follows it by sweeping a pile of various cheeses from a table. He returns the bag to Hort, smugly holding it one-handed. "Yeah, pack-mule duty'll be easy with this. Oh, yeah, the gloves. Check this out."

Swig puts on the gloves; they fit fairly well, but dwarves are notoriously ham-fisted. He picks up his double-plus-one crossbow, then says a weird, rubbery word; it sounds sort of like he's trying to greet someone while giving them a raspberry. With a spark of magic, the crossbow vanishes.

The dwarf holds his hand out at arm's length, then snaps his fingers. Instantly, the crossbow reappears in his hand, still loaded. Pulling off the gloves, he passes them to Berz. "Neat, huh? Don't see these in pairs most days. Ya want both?"

8. Godwin

Godwin Member

"I have no need for that rapier, nor for the gloves or anything else. I think it's a good idea to use the bag collectively. Also, there were gems, we can use those for expenses, or, like I said, you can distribute it among yourselves."

Rantic Dragore looks a tad gloomier than yesterday.

9. Essence

Berz dons the gloves and stores his axe. "Fu--gods--I mean, holy...dammit. WOW, this is keen! By which I mean excellent!"

Then, he notices Rantic. "Not that I care about you as a person, but I'm concerned about having a glum sorcerer standing behind me when something in front of me is trying to eat my face. What's gilding your lotus, darky?"

10. Godwin

Godwin Member

Rantic shakes himself from some thought process and looks at Berz. "Nothing."

11. "Well I'm ready to go whenever you guys are"
    Hort slings the bag of holding on to his shoulder

12. Essence

"Aight, then." Berz eyes Rantic dubiously. "Swig, you ready to roll? 'Cause I am."

13. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

"Make it happen, cap'n." Swig hefts his crossbow across his back; the gears on the side sparkle with stored arcane power.

[DM: I've got a copy of dispel magic stored in my crossbow from the day before. That'll make a nice little gift for someone layered with spells, eh?]

14. Godwin

Godwin Member

The drow Dragore exhales a deep breath and smiles a little. "All's good then, let's go!"
    His Scythe in his right hand he walks towards the door of the inn.

15. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Sorry folks, I had a crappy week. Someone torched our apartment building trying to kill their ex. I know, cause I heard her yelling at her. I will update by the end of the week.

16. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Now that you are all buddies, you pay off your tab and head out. The entrance is farther up in the mountains, and a recently well trod path leads to it. You see some adventurers walking up the path, but mostly what you see is bodies being brought down. Soon you arrive at the entrance. It is simply an iron gate set into a stone wall. The gate is open. How do you proceed?

17. Essence

"OK, I've been in this early part before. I met that wizard fella..."

Berz steps about twenty feet inside the gate. "Right here. Past this part, I have no idea. You guys?"

18. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

Swig carefully approaches the gate, leaning forward to look both left and right. Satisfied that nothing's waiting to ambush him, he hops past the threshold, landing on the flagstones with a heavy thump. Holding both hands over his head, he calls out, "Ta-daa!" Grinning like a maniac, he tells Berz, "Don't ask; the whim just hit me."

19. Hort simply walks into the entrance and stands next to Berz and Swig. "It's not exciting yet."

20. Godwin

Godwin Member

Walks into the cave until it's dark enough for his infravision to kick in... unless there's lighting of some sort?