Decent into the Dungeon (IC Thread)

Discussion in 'RPGs' started by Dyrynify, Oct 25, 2011.

1. blob

blob Member

" I'm fine going first."

2. "Woah now, not so fast. You may want me to do that seeing as I'm the only one here who can detect traps."

3. blob

blob Member

"Sure. I might also be able to assist you in that a little bit."

4. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

You can and do. The scan reveals that the only sources of magic in the room are the party, the wand you found, and the symbol. The symbol and the wand are both conjuration based.

(Last call for actions before we move on.)

5. Godwin

Godwin Member

"Wand is magical, no surprise there, and I just found a symbol here on the floor that's magical too."
    I study the symbol closely [Arcane Knowledge +11], try to remember if I have seen it before, and I make sure I can precisely draw it from memory if needed. I also try to find out how the symbol is drawn or etched or imbued on the floor.

6. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

The symbol is just a generic teleportation glyph. It is carved paper thin into the stone floor, and was designed to not glow strongly, presumably as a trap for those unwary adventures that step on it.

Anything else, or are we moving?

7. Godwin

Godwin Member

I'm trying to remember if it's something that can activate by stepping on it or that it's just the dead end from a one way teleport, or that it only has one charge or anything similar.

8. Godwin

Godwin Member

And also whether the magic is imbued in it or that the magic comes from drawing that precise symbol.

9. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Infinite charges, no reset time, two way. Activated by stepping or falling on the symbol. The magic is a combination of the symbol and the spell, so the symbol does nothing without the attached spell, but the spell needs the symbol to function in this way.

10. Godwin

Godwin Member

"Hmmmmm."

I step on the symbol.

11. blob

blob Member

Torma raises an eyebrow, half expecting never to see the wizard again.

12. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Rantic is gone.

13. blob

blob Member

Torma sighs.
    " I'm not stepping on that thing again unless one of you comes back in one piece first."

14. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

"NOOOOOOooooooooo.....!!!" I kinda liked him! GodDAMMIT! Why is it always the cool ones that vanish mysteriously through the same strange magic runes that just mysteriously brought a stranger HERE?!?"

Berz turns to Torma.

"You're not Rantic."

"Humph."

15. blob

blob Member

"Well why don't you step on that thing and join him wherever he is ? Maybe he's not dead yet. And... In case that device sends you back to where I was, you might want to avoid going too far North East."

16. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

No time, Rantic is back.

17. Godwin

Godwin Member

"Hm."

Rantic walks to the Northwest door and looks at the rest expectantly.
    "Coming?"

18. Essence

"Goddammit. I was just getting used to the darky being gone, too. What-EV."

Berz follows Rantic.

19. blob

blob Member

Torma pulls out a piece of cloth from a pocket. A map has been drawn on it with charcoal.
    " Hmm. I dont really mind any of the ways you want to follow but if this magic circle takes us back to where I was, you might want to take a look at this. South West on the map has some stairs leading down. Lastly the large room North East holds thousands of rats, you might want a plan before going in." He shows several biting wounds on his legs. " They like adventurers."

dodmap.jpg

20. Essence

"Ooooh, rats! Them's good eating. I'm down if you are."