David's Goofy Text Change Mod is in the works! Pics inside.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by DavidB1111, May 1, 2012.

1. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

That's right, my lofty goal of making Dredmor even funnier, maybe, is coming soon.
    Now, at the moment, I can't think of a way to make this something other than a main file replacer, but it shouldn't mess up much.

I've still got a long ways to go before it becomes anything but just tiny tiny changes here and there, but hopefully with suggestions from you lovable rapscallions, :), this mod can get off the ground and not go the way of every other mod I made for a game. :)
    I hope some of you enjoy these preview pics.
    Also, since it's a text replacer, it should work even if you add 40 mods! [​IMG]

This is a minor change, but still funny.

Next we have proof that some people really shouldn't be smiths.[​IMG]

And next and finally for now, otherwise this post won't go through, probably, we show off my nerdy humor.[​IMG]

For more pics, see this link. http://imageshack.us/g/824/2012050100007.jpg/

Late edit: Oh, and if you guys do have any suggestions for humor/references/horrible puns, let me know.
    My ultimate goal is to edit more than just item descriptions. I did a few monsters, but nothing on the first floor, and I do need some suggestions for those.
    Perhaps even a room name change or two. Like The room of "What is this, I don't even." :)

OmniNegro, Kazeto and Daynab like this.
  2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

What is this a quote from? The newly made Druid mod uses that text in an item. Since you use the exact same wording I presume there is something being referenced that I am unaware of?

*Edit* Oh, I am happy to see you getting your feet wet with modding. I will keep watching and see if I can come up with anything helpful.

3. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

What is this, I don't even...
    I'm sorry, you walked right into that one. :)

But seriously, I believe it's just an internet saying when someone sees or reads something that basically makes no sense what so ever.
    Usually it's in reply to text.

Let me know if you can suggest anything for me to add for humor's sake. I have a few ideas for monsters, and I'll probably add a few more changes soon. Progress will be slow, but It will be made. :)

OmniNegro likes this.
  4. Aquaman

Aquaman Member

you definitely need an the diggle dies from an "arrow to the knee" reference in there ;)

Or better yet-if possible, make the high score screen say *player name* used to be an adventurer until they took an arrow to the knee.

Something about a Diggle laying it's last egg, EVER.

More to come, perhaps.

5. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Hahaha. Okay. I'll try for those.

6. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I would swear I saw a Diggle say the Skyrim quote of "I used to be an adventurer, and then I took a n arrow bolt to the knee." So that may already be there in the game.

My apologies for the mistranslation. I meant no offense to the tentacles of the council.

7. Kindly use the word BOLT. Else the council may or may not have a hand in your untimely demise.

8. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Oh, you guys at the bolt council.
    Slight delay on my text mod due to testing the new DLC.

OmniNegro likes this.
  9. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Take your time DavidB1111. Nothing make a mod more useless than not working with the current version of the game. :)