OS X Mountain Lion Data Loss

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Ranccor, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Ranccor

Ranccor Member

I bought DoD about a week ago and am loving the game itself. Unfortunatly, I'm about to quit because I am unable to progress because of data loss.

This exact senario has happened to me about 5 times in the last few days. I might not have noticed it the first few days because I was dying a lot on the first 2 or 3 levels.

-Play for an hour or two and finish a level or two.
    -Hit Save and Quit
    -Load the new save to make sure it saved properly (then hit save and quit again)
    -Turn off the game and Steam
    -Restart the game, and the save is back to where it was before I played the previous session. One time it even went back TWO game sessions worth of saves.

I've played dungeon level 8 about 4 times now and each time I complete it, my save goes back to 1/2 finished with level 7. I thought maybe the problem was synching with the SteamPlay, so the last few times have been playing with Steam in OFFLINE mode and the same problem is happening.

Any tips to make this not happen? Because the game is fun, but this issue is making it extremely frustrating.

2. Ranccor

Ranccor Member

And I see there is another thread on this topic a few pages down. Didn't see it when I first looked. Sorry for double post.