crashing?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by youtoo, Oct 28, 2013.

1. youtoo

youtoo Member

Playing in Steam. I don't have any mods in my current save. I had two crashes yesterdays. The game locked up and I got a windows popup stating that the program was not responding. Happened on levels 10 and 12. There were not a lot of monsters on the screen.

I have also had issues with the game hanging periodically. I am on a pretty high end pc too.

is this common?

2. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Well my game crashes constantly but I usually use a lot of mods and tend to have debug mode turned on. I have, however, noticed instability even with mods and d3bug mode turned off.

3. BloomingLilac

BloomingLilac Member

I just bought the game. It crashed 3 times within 15 minutes. The first crash was during the tutorial. I'm also playing on Steam, but I don't get any errors. The game just closes and Steam is still running. I think two of the crashes were triggered when I scrolled my mouse wheel. Odd. I don't have any mods installed. Hope it's fixed soon.

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Are you on Windows and Steam or something else? if it's something else the wheel crash will be fixed when we push the patch.

Kazeto likes this.
  5. BloomingLilac

BloomingLilac Member

Yes, Windows 7 64-bit and Steam. I just read about the issue on the Steam forums. I'll try to avoid using the scroll wheel. Thanks for replying.

6. jnecros

jnecros Member

same issue as above, also high end machine with the same OS, on Steam. Post mouse wheel patch, and still getting hangups and crashing. Happened 2 times today, both when dealing with Zoos. No mods installed

7. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

Have you verified if the patch actually went through?
    I read somewhere that if you're opted into the beta on Steam, you need to opt out for it to take effect.

As always, I might be talking out of my ass completely though, just trying to help

8. jnecros

jnecros Member

That isnt it, but thanks. I do have the patch, and am not in Steam Beta

crash 4 so far, all with Zoos

FYI I play Rogue Scientist, so there is a bit of AOE, but obviously that is the best way for me to deal with zoos..besides the constant crashing....