Crash after closing level up.

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Jabbapop, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Jabbapop

Jabbapop Member

Not sure if there's a standard form for submitting bug info, but I'll do my best to be cohesive and complete. This bug has happened before the most recent patch, and with the most recent patch, though it doesn't seem like it happened before two patches back. (Hard to tell, though, as I only really recently tried getting into the game for serious.) The bug is this: the game crashes occasionally after closing the level up window/clicking that glorious "x". If it doesn't crash the first few times, eventually it will. That is, if I don't lose the game to standard deaths, I end up losing it to the crash, so that it's impossible for me to actually get past like floor five. I don't know if it's relevant, but during monster zoo sometimes the game will wig out and give me multiple level ups in a row. The same behavior applies: sometimes I'm able to complete the string of level ups and return to play, other times it crashes, though it seems to crash after the string of level ups is complete, that is, after leveling up two or three times in a row.

I'm running the steam version with diggle god dlc (though the crashing happened before obtaining it, as well, though not, it seems, before the patch which added the female player character.) I deleted local files from my steam library and tried re-installing the game, to no avail. My system specs (from dxdiag):

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 1/4/2012, 17:13:39
    Machine name: JABBAPOP-PC
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
    System Model: G73Jh
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/30/09 15:13:23 Ver: 08.00.10
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.7GHz
    Memory: 6144MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 6068MB RAM
    Page File: 2161MB used, 9974MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode