Windows Vista/7 64-bit Crap. Achievements stopped working.

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by TheForgetfulBrain, Dec 29, 2011.

1. This is for the Steam version.

I probably should have realized this sooner.

The last achievement I unlocked was about a week ago, for maxing out the berserker tree. Had I been thinking, I likely would have wondered why maxing out the other skill trees for the first time wasn't yielding those achievements.

That was probably before the update that caused the teleportation glitch and save game glitch, and after I applied those hotfixes.

Unfortunately for me, that means no Dread and Buried achievement (since I just took out Lord Dredmor on the 'Normal' difficulty with permadeath), along with a few others.

I'll update this thread once I start my next game and see if achievements still aren't triggering, or if it was just that saved game that they weren't working on.

EDIT: WAH. Now this really sucks. I guess basically all Steam linking was broken. I just checked the leaderboard stats, and it didn't register my score. That means my fairly awesome (for my first completion at least) score of 920,120 is only registered locally, and not with Steam. I'm going to go have a sad, now.

EDIT TWO: Alright, my Steam link is completely broken somehow. I started a new game and character and should have gotten both the 'play as both sexes' and 'get killed by brax' achievements, but neither showed up. At this point, the best thing for me to do is probably wait for the next patch to be released on Steam, then delete and reinstall with all my local files.