Crafty Craftworks

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Chiko, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Chiko

Chiko Member

While I was adding new stuff to this mod and testing them, I think I found something that doesn't work, yet.

One of those items is the most basic of items in dungeon crawling games. a Torch. It does 1 :dmg_crushing: damage and 1 :dmg_conflagratory: damage and it's also supposed to give you 1 :sight: sight radius. I tried increasing :sight: to 15 or make it negative but it seems it doesn't do anything on weapons. :(

2. In most dungeon crawling games, a torch tends to be an "off-hand" item, rather than a main hand item. I think you can probably get the sight radius buff to work if you set its code status to shield rather weapon as well, so that seems to kill two birds in one stone. Well, since this is DoD, two diggles with one plastic bolt would be more appropriate.

3. Chiko

Chiko Member

Hmm... I'll try that as soon as I manage to get my game working again. It's still broken so I'm reinstalling it.

4. Chiko

Chiko Member

Hmm... It seems it doesn't make any difference even if I put it as helm. I noticed it happens the same with the Spectacles head item too. I'll just leave at as a Mace weapon, then. It does work on items blessed with :sight: though...

Anyways, next update will add buffs to the new foods.
    I will also add combat poisons. I have yet to think about how they will work. I might make them work either like the tome items or like potions that will add a buff for a limited period of time.

Example pictures of a :dmg_toxic: toxic poison and an :dmg_acidic: acidic poison that will add damage to your attacks:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. AvzinElkein

AvzinElkein Member

Don't forget to add CC to Dredmorpedia.

6. Chiko

Chiko Member

I am quite unfamiliar with this Dredmorpedia ye speak of. I just lurked it for a moment and I must say it looks really useful. Kinda makes my lappy lag like the fires of the slowest plane of hell, though.

7. Onamar

Onamar Member

Does that to my two month old high end self built PC too, it's a lot of stuff to load at once. It probably has more to do with the web browser than your laptop.

8. Chiko

Chiko Member

I'll try to make an update for this mod and get it on Steam Workshop too. It's been a while since I last visited this place.

Hmm... I have only tried with Chrome but I'm too lazy to get another browser just to use the Dredmorpedia. :p

9. Chiko

Chiko Member

I think next update will take longer than expected. I'm including stuff from both expansions in the next update so that will take a while. Especially the item recycling feature.

Also, I just noticed this has been downloaded a lot more than my other mod. I'm glad ppl like this. :)

10. Chiko

Chiko Member

I'll just give this a bump. I kinda updated the main page with some extra info about item recycling.

11. Chiko

Chiko Member

So this mod has Leather and Cloth as crafting materials. Only use for them so far is to make the leather items and clothes already in the game. A good idea would be to make more leather items like pants or greaves and maybe stronger versions of leather armor. One thing I have been thinking was to make something between Cloth and Leather... and Fur/Pelt/Hide comes to my mind. Could be weaker than Leather and add small :resist_hyperborean: resistance. It could also be used on armors like the Iron Cuirass to get the small :resist_hyperborean: resistance on them.

12. Semigall

Semigall Member

Your mod corrupts saves:
    [​IMG]

13. Dryfclr5

Dryfclr5 Member

Having trouble finding leather, any idea how to get it?

14. Chiko

Chiko Member

This mod is really old so I have no idea if the newer updates affected the items in this mod. You have different ways to get leather, if I remember correctly.

-You can just finding them lying around (affected by how many mods adding new items have you got) The more mods adding new items you have, the less chance to see that particular item in the game.

-Or you can get leather by dismantling leather items, for instance, the leather armor you sometimes start with. You need to use the Tinkerer Parts crafting device and look for the recycling recipes, usually found at the very bottom of the list, unless you have more than one mod.

15. ChaiFox

ChaiFox Member

Man I just got DoD and your mod but it corrupts saves and crashes my game :( well it's awesome as long as you're playing permadeath.

16. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Btw, I used to get errors exactly like that which were totally unrelated to the actual mod in question -- it had more to do with a corrupt save caused by the Steam cloud. I'm not saying that the mod isn't the problem, just that if you use the Steam cloud, you can have this same problem as well.

17. Chiko

Chiko Member

Probably because of the newer updates. I haven't played the game but I heard items got new code lines in them. I haven't modded this game in ages but I'll see what I can do this weekend.

18. Chiko

Chiko Member

So I kinda got back into modding this game again and I think this mod needs an update. I'll probably need all expansions since all of them include new items, items that need recycling recipes!

Also, a new food item for next release, Coronary Ingot.
    [​IMG]
    What's better than burgers, eggs, fries and cheese? All of those in one! Who cares about calories with such a delicious ingot!

Edit: This mod seems to actually corrupt saves... I'll probably take a while to see what the cause is. Probably old or missing code since this game got updates and expansions and this mod is kinda old.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    Essence likes this.
  19. Chiko

Chiko Member

This is just weird. I started to deactivate files in order to identify the one causing the issues. All the content is deactivated and it still corrupts the saves. D:

Edit: It's all fixed now. I can finally start adding the new recycling recipes and new craftings.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
    Essence likes this.
  20. Chiko

Chiko Member

Dammit! I'll come back to this eventually. I blame the fun games I've been playing recently. They steal all my free time. D:

Vitellozzo likes this.