Courtyards: Not Accessible, and Dissapear after Loading

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Unforked, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Unforked

Unforked Member

I suddenly remembered all of Nicholas's majestic courtyard screenshots, so I'm experimenting with them a little. It turns out that once you create one, the yard itself becomes a "red zone" and you can't place anything there, including doors--so nobody can actually enter it.

This is really, REALLY not a big deal right now... other things like conduits are WAY more important. I just thought I'd bring it up in case it was a simple fix. I mean, it's a courtyard... we should at least be able to plant some flowers. :)

2016-02-20_00002.jpg

2016-02-20_00003.jpg

EDIT: Loaded the game later and eventually noticed the courtyard itself disappears completely after the load. The "doughnut hole" fills up, as it were.

2016-02-20_00006.jpg

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  2. grayfox687

grayfox687 Member

I wonder if you can build there. Is building a courtyard to be filled in less costly in terms of building materials than creating the building as a pure rectangle?

3. grayfox687

grayfox687 Member

Answer: No, buildings with courtyards have the same cost as building with similar dimensions that do not have a courtyard.

Attached Files:

4. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Oops, I guess I don't save the loops. And yes, cost is defined based on perimeter of the outer loop only, because we don't really want you walling your fortifications.

5. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Wait what, all my walls are made of basically rectangular buildings (1xA) which are arranged in an appropriate manner, thus you only pay for building A squares.

How would a courtyard feature allow you to avoid paying this minimum?

======================

If you mean "place a Maxim/Gatling gun inside a courtyard" then nothing is stopping you from putting two C-shaped buildings to enclose your gun, surely? Or making a U shape and closing the end with a single gabion or short row of gabions.