Windows Vista/7 64-bit Constant change of focus to desktop

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Silver R, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Silver R

Silver R Member

Hey all. A strange bug that I have, couldn't find it discussed in this forum.

When I'm playing fullscreen, the game constantly changes focus to desktop. It does not crash, but I'm simply shown the desktop, with Dredmor minimized, as if I'd alt+tabbed out of it. When I play it windowed, the game screen constantly blinks and jerks slightly, and the game icon behaves as if a new copy of it constantly replaces the old one. I'm not sure if this is clear. Basically, game icon on the taskbar behaves as if I had just run the game (or any other app) for the first time. This is accompanied by the entire game screen blinking and sort of jerking a little bit.

The game is playable in windowed mode, but the constant blinking (every 10-20 seconds or so) is annoying. Any solutions to this, or am I the only unfortunate one that has this bug?

2. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Running on Steam?​
    Try Library -> right click on Dredmor -> proprieties -> local files -> verify integrity of game cache.​
    Or just try reinstralling the whole game.​

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

This is the first time I hear about this, so I don't have much to suggest other than what Vitellozzo said.

4. Wolg

Wolg Member

Might also be worth checking gfx driver versions.

5. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

If you're running it through Steam, try running in opengl/with steam overlay by right clicking on Dredmor in your library >> properties >> set launch options >> type in "-opengl".