Change active skill directly from "Active Skill" icon

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bohandas, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

There's been a lot of talk lately about adding extra lines to the skill bar, and that's a good idea, but it would also be very nice to be able to bypass the skill bar entirely and select abilities directly from the "Active Skill" icon to the left of the skill bar (using the same interface as changing which skill resides in a given position on the skill bar).

Tinyboss, Kazeto, Maze1125 and 5 others like this.
  2. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Damn, now that's one we *didn't* think of. Hmmmm ....

Essence likes this.
  3. I dont' think this would SOLVE all the problems with too many skills but this would definitely help. (Especially if combined with the extra slots solution)

Bohandas likes this.
  4. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Yes, both at once would really be quite optimal.

5. I would like it if a skill menu could be opened that looked much like the inventory, but with skill icons in the boxes instead of items. Being able to arrange them in that display would be handy, but if not, it could just be very much like a miniature version of the level-up skills window, minus the passive abilities.

LionsDen likes this.
  6. Maze1125

Maze1125 Member

Yes, this is a great idea. This would instantly halve the work required to use a skill that wasn't already in the hot bar.

Bohandas likes this.
  7. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

I just thought of another thing. It would also be nice to be able to select skills from the "Ye Skill Tome"/"sKills" pop-up.

8. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

So do you think it might get added now that i've brought it up?

9. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

While the new multi-tiered skillbar is a great improvement, I'd still like to have this too.