Can't Load Saved Game (Twice!). Can't beat game.

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by BertraneCrane, Nov 29, 2013.

1. BertraneCrane

BertraneCrane Member

So I am running the latest version of OSX..playing the game through steam with all expansions. I get a few days in, close to beating the game, and suddenly my save file won't work. Whenever I try to load the game it returns me to the main menu page. I tried some fixes posted around but nothing worked. I was fairly frustrated, but hey, sometimes save states get corrupted or whatever.

So I start a new game. A few days later, same thing, starting to get close to the end..I enter the text for a pocket dimension and click the portal. The game freezes...so I wait a few minutes until I'm pretty sure it's not going anywhere, then I have to force close the application. Run the game again and lo and behold, my auto save is gone. Hm..ok..so I try to load from my previous save state. Back to the menu screen I go. Over and over..

This is really a bit upsetting, as I don't want to start a whole new game knowing that at some point in my save state will get messed up. It's like playing with a completely random perma-death.

Is there something I can do to fix this?

2. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

Maybe this is a Steam Cloud Sync issue? I'm not familiar with OSX save-game problems.
    Something that never fails is taking manual back-ups, say, every Dungeon Level you complete. It's not that much work, and at the most, you lose one level's worth of progress. I mean, for a temporary solution, it's pretty good, while you look for what is causing the problem.