Can we have a single place for file patches?

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Mikel, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

I have mostly avoided applying the file patches that have popped up in the forums, but recently came to the conclusion that I would have to do some digging now if I wanted to reverse that decision... if we are going to see this kind of distribution of fixes between official patches could we have a formal location to find them?

Exile and Jagwithtude like this.
  2. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

I think when official modding support is added they are going to add those forum areas.

Exile likes this.
  3. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

I'm a bit torn on this. I mean, they shouldn't be necessary as experimentals are experimentals, and normally we'd hotfix showstoppers. But there is a bit of feature dev making turnaround on new builds, uh awkward I guess? (As well as the fact that Daniel & I have had to spend the last couple weeks post-launch catching up on paperwork almost full-time!)

But for the sake of this patch only, right now only, here are the two fixes that fix Naturalism and Booze resupply: see attached zips. They each contain a file that needs to be replaced in your install directory.
    • "building_booze_supply_check.fsm" goes into Clockwork Empires/scripts/gameobjects/FSM/citizen/
    • "jobs.xml" goes into Clockwork Empires/game/jobs/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    Trygve, Mikel and Exile like this.
  4. Trygve

Trygve Member

Thanks, it's much appreciated. I felt the game became unplayable with the unsupplied naturalist.

However, the booze-supply-script is supposed to go into the "citizen" folder, isn't it? That's where the original file by that name is, which means the location should be "...Clockwork Empires/scripts/gameobjects/FSM/Citizen/".

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    Exile likes this.
  5. dbaumgart

Right you are! Edited.

Exile likes this.
  6. mikail 001

mikail 001 Member

err the booze supply for guarapo on duantless dare tropical map loadout isnt working, the overseer is still only sweeping the floor with the guarapo still lying in the stockpile

Attached Files:

Exile likes this.
  7. dbaumgart

You need to set your Public House to serve brewed booze rather than distilled spirits.

(And we need to add the tag for "brewed booze" to Guarapo so it displays that fact in to the tooltip correctly. This is what I get for putting in a ton of obscure types of alcohol... )

Edit: Weird, okay, it DOES show up as "Booze". That should perhaps be clarified to note that it's in the "brewed drink" category. Will clean this up.

Exile likes this.
  8. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Exile and Cthulhu_Awaits like this.
  9. mikail 001

mikail 001 Member

hmm, lets see, there isnt anything in the game that explains the stuff u just said. :I am just saying this because say i am a new player, just bought this game and all, and knowing this game isnt in ea , how would i know all this. I dun mean any bad intention , i am just saying it because i hope you guys can make this game much better, improve it for more players to enjoy this game, thanks

There are indeed two options in the public house now, and the way it is now, it is not clear at all, i even took effort to try and look at the shape of the spirit to know what that green color bottle correspond to, there isnt anything in the game now that explains that part nor show clearly what it is, again i am hoping stuff would improve, that why i am voicing it out, thanks

Exile likes this.
  10. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

This should now all be redundant thanks to 1.0D. Onward!

Exile likes this.
  11. Naffarin

Naffarin Bureaucrat-Inspector Exemplar of The Empire

Those who applied the fixes from here should verify their steam cache now. In my installation three files were said to be modified after applying 1.0d. So better check game integrity to make sure that your 1.0d patch is complete.

Exile likes this.
  12. dbaumgart

Yeah, I hear what you're saying. Prompted by your feedback, in 1.0D I made it so the icons that display in the tooltip for brewed booze and spirits matches the icons used in the Public House where you select which to serve, so hopefully it's a lot more clear going forward.

mikail 001 and Exile like this.