Buyers remorse...

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Aegho, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Aegho

Aegho Member

With my new computer I bought a new mouse, a logitech G500, figuring it would be similar the G5 I had a few years ago, and loved. Well turns out it's not a very good mouse, at least for me. First off it's too small, which is bad for my RSI... second off, it's actually a really inaccurate mouse. Horrible precision, essentially impossible to make small adjustments, which means it's junk for aiming in FPS games. Oh I'm sure I could "fix" it by turning the sensitivity down, but I've grown accustomed to having it at this level and still have precision aiming.

Back to my old Rapier V2 that cost me half as much and is about 4-5 years old. Scruffy, ugly, and dirty as it is.

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Strange, I've had a G500 for 2-3 years until last summer. And I've had a few other gaming mice since and prior to it, and the G500 was probably the best I ever had in terms of precision.

I think I know why you experienced that, though: see, the G500 is the only mouse I am aware of that has the optical sight at the top of the mouse instead of in the center. When I left that mouse to use another one it took me like a week to get used to it because all my accuracy was gone. I sorta miss it cause I needed less movement.

Anyways, here is my current one if you're looking for another.
    http://steelseries.com/sensei
    It's a large one btw. Much bigger than the g500.

Kazeto and Essence like this.