BETA 54 Biomes that can grow Opium

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Puzzlemaker, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

What are the biomes that can grow Opium? Also, what's the quickest way to unlock opium? Lord Palmerstrokes Choice where you start with the makings for a lab doesn't actually work well due to the macroscope needing master-level upkeep.

I only ask because I want to try and create a drug-fueled slums where everyone is always "happy".

2. Unforked

Unforked Member

Wish I could remember, sorry.

I'm curious though, I haven't made laudanum in ages, isn't it meant to reduce despair and isn't there some kind of negative side effect? I also get confused about the differences between that and sulfer tonic.

3. Naffarin

Naffarin Bureaucrat-Inspector Exemplar of The Empire

I think it is the biome where you start with chilli peppers in the beginning, later you can research coffee and then opium

4. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

Tropical, that's what I thought. Yeah, I made laudanum in one game, it makes people forget bad things if I remember correctly. I am wondering if I make enough can I have everyone be at least somewhat happy in a slum-like place. Weeee

5. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Well laudanum should (still) require some sort of spirits, which means setting up a Still which needs you to have a fully functioning Metalworks etc so...

6. Unforked

Unforked Member

...and that's why I haven't made it in awhile. It's very labor intensive for little value (though I guess that may be changing now that insanity is back, plus you can always sell it).

7. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

Also, can you use charcoal for smelting?

8. Unforked

Unforked Member

Yep. But mines are so OP that I have no idea why we even need charcoal kilns anymore. Back in the day you couldn't get coal from a mine unless it was near a coal beacon/surface node.

9. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

Yeah, but you can't get sand and clay at the level coal is at. Just makes it easier I think.