BETA 54A: A TECHNICAL DEBT REPAID

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Aug 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolg

Wolg Member

Every time I read one of those posts I regret not having interacted with anything (besides Dredmor) which involves nerve stapling.

2. Naffarin

Naffarin Bureaucrat-Inspector Exemplar of The Empire

what i am missing about that blog post is that it implies that the reward gaps are bound to certain stages of the game instead of adapting to the skill of the player. Since a lot of metrics can be won by the speed and effectiveness of players actions an algorithm would be able to adapt the wanted rewards gaps to the players style. E.g. currently the disturbance points of a clockwork empire game allow certain events to happen once the lower boundary for the event is reached...but disturbance is only calculated by amount of buildings. If it would be bound to the actions of the player the effect would be more immersive and also allow for better control of events.

3. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

I still think we need more cannibalism. Through all my play through people rather die than eat each other.

4. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

(Quite so! This is being adjusted.)

5. Mokkun

Mokkun Member

Gah. still get security error trying to upload the console.7z file..
    The following error occurred
    Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

console.7z

6. Mokkun

Mokkun Member

Had a crash, and Well, these are the only files I managed to get to upload,

Attached Files:

7. Samut

Samut Member

I don't get the post's conclusion - why helping new players means reducing options for experienced players. The example given is for a multiplayer racing game, but CE is single player.

The whole thing reads like the prep for something else being thrown out/simplified. The only thing I can think of that's left is customizable buildings. Hopefully that's not the case.

8. Noratoxin

Noratoxin Member

To me this reads: simplifying the visuals for the sake of "clean visibility" could help saving the more complex and less obvious systems by making their language more readable.

9. Samut

Samut Member

True, but then it talks about nerve stapling. It's been a long time since I played Alpha Centauri, but I don't get the connection between that and simplifying visuals.

The post could mean a lot of things, really. It's unfortunate we have to guess.

10. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

(It's really not.)

Samut likes this.
  11. Samut

Samut Member

That's encouraging; thank you.

12. Mokkun

Mokkun Member

Had another crash, and some script errors, one on loading save. and ehh.. could not upload the gamereplay file thats about 4mb, because of size?

Attached Files:

13. Attached Files:

14. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Hmm ... must be the longest time between experimental updates. Something big on the way? :)

15. They're up to something fishy...

16. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

There should be news about the new version very soon ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.