BETA 53 BETA 53: A JUNCTURE MOST UNNATURAL

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jul 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Does not seem to be a lot of stacking going on. Had to put down 4 stockpiles quite early on.

Edit : a fair time in, it started to be cleared. But only after 4 stockpiles were full and items getting scattered around the buildings. Will experiment with dedicated crews for small chunks of time.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  2. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

I do recall seeing plenty of unstacked items in my stockpile... Might need a dedicated work crew

3. I actually prefer the lack of stacking when there are other things that I've queued up to be done. It really makes the colonist seem completely scatter-brained if they haul something to the stockpile, put it down, pick it right back up and then carry it to a different spot in the stockpile where a stack exists.

4. rowean

rowean Member

Anyone figure out what the disturbance counter is linked to and what if anything one can do to lower it?

Thanandorn likes this.
  5. mcnostril

mcnostril "The First To Crash"

Aw, I knew I should have made a copy, I kept playing from the non-crashy one, so no more autosave.
    On the other hand, I have a save right before a quag event if that's useful (Quag seems pretty crash prone when the event concludes).

6. Okay, I just had something happen, then purposefully did it again to see if I got the same result twice (and did), and I believe it would even explain the log stuck in the module issue Mofo had. Building a carpentry workshop, I decide to take the laborer from the crew that was currently building it and put them to chopping trees instead. At the time, they were carrying stone to the building site. After the work crew shift, the laborer continued to where he was going to drop the stone off, put it on the ground, and proceeded to go fill his new role. At this point, the overseer of the building crew grabs another set of stone for the building, and hauls it to the footprint, ignoring the stone that the laborer who got switched out had already dropped off. That pile of stone was from that point forward entirely ignored by everyone as if it weren't really there. I could interact with it by forbidding/claiming/designating as trade good, but nothing I did made any of the colonists react to that stack. I did it again when I went to build the kitchen, purposefully this time, and it happened again.

Side note - click-dragging the screen doesn't seem to let you queue up any work other than Hunt Animals and Minerological Survey anymore. Why not just go ahead and make those 2 stamps, or at least Hunt Animals (maybe slightly larger than the stamps for mining/cutting trees?) and have click-dragging move you around?

DaCrAzYmOfO likes this.
  7. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

1. Oh if THAT is the case, then we have a ticket for that: OC-4194

2. We might be up to something re. these other jobs. I couldn't say for sure, of course, because then the Ministry would have to have me shot.

PartTimeVillain likes this.
  8. dbaumgart

It's probably nothing, best to pay it no mind and carry on! Stiff upper lip and all that.

Rentahamster and Unforked like this.
  9. Art Director AND Propagandist? I hope you're being adequately compensated!

10. Jubbly

Jubbly Member

Seems the most stable release yet, really happy that un-repaired modules are now rescuable :D
    I like the new clear starting area, still has some levelling to do but not silly spikes that you could get before.

Pubs:
    Ok, so call me a bit of an RPer but i do like my pubs to look like pubs, in previous builds i used to used desks to make a bar and 1x table-and-chair + 3x chair to make nice four seater tables, it was super cozy especially when the pub filled up at lunchtime. (as below)
    Any chance you could add a bar furniture item and maybe allow table-and-chair furniture in the pub :D

Also, could the publican collect more than one bottle of drink at a time (stack carrying like with other materials) because demand outstrips supply at the leisurely pace he goes to collect the beer at.

2016-06-27 (10).png

Tarod, dbaumgart and DaCrAzYmOfO like this.
  11. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Have you tried assigning a workcrew to the stockpile? Always seems to work with me. Or you can just enable the hauling job for the overseer while disabling the rest of the jobs. Does the same thing really.

12. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Lord Palmerstoke's Supply (Scientist loadout) doesn't allow you to use macroscope with respective building.

Attached Files:

13. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Also, the mining palettes don't allow you to differentiate between what things you want to mine, and since you can't click on them anymore it looks like I'm going to have to mine all that rhyolite besides the clay I want :/

Look at top left screenshot above.

14. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Mansion Text is off

Attached Files:

15. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

... where did your outlines go?

16. dbaumgart

(Fixed that display string for 53A.)

17. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Lingonberry Farms stay stuck on a loop; they'll go from done at 6/6 back to 4/6. Fortunately they yield 10 units of lingonberries each time.

*Edit* I meant growing stage my mistake.

Attached Files:

18. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Certain maps have a lot of zinc nodes; can we get the option to make upkeep trunks from zinc like we do from iron and copper?

19. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Look at all that long pork. Fishpeople came and devoured my colony just as I was going to build revolvers. 10/10 would worship Quoggi again.

Attached Files:

tojosan and dbaumgart like this.
  20. mcnostril

mcnostril "The First To Crash"

Cults seem to be the main event in my game.
    I've fought quaggy 3 times (I could probably keep going, but the game gets very crashy after quaggy fights), and so far I have failed to stop him every single time, even by saving and reloading the game. He's actually not too bad as Fun goes, but it highlights the serious gameplay problems with managing military stuff, and it becomes a tedious nightmare to figure out which overseers died, who needs labourers and how many goods are gone (also it does get a bit repetitive to keep on fighting him the exact same way).
    A lot of this is down to the UI just not working for larger scale colonies (at this point my colony is at 80+, but already it gets tedious to manage at around 40-50), but the military in general is going to need some love soon considering many of the Fun events involve large scale combat and managing casualties/collateral damage (I'm sure once we have non-suicidal colonists it'll be better, but even so the way our soldiers work is suboptimal, and frankly not very engaging).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.