BETA 53 BETA 53: A JUNCTURE MOST UNNATURAL

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jul 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

I had the longest session in quite a while last night. I approve.

Nicholas and dbaumgart like this.
  2. Unforked

Unforked Member

Very smooth sailing all around. Not a single crash or script error for me yet.

dbaumgart likes this.
  3. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

It looks like the job was aborted due to a fishperson attack. This should normally just release the logs on the bench. It's possible that the bench wasn't considered inside of the zone of civilization (which would generally auto-forbid a dropped item), but this should not be possible inside a building. So that's weird.

It does work if you re-claim the log, however!

(If anyone gets anything like this, we'd like to hear about it.)

I think "relatively flat" about sums it up. No extreme cliffs. The land is not necessarily all buildable, but it will tend to be.

Correct, starting soldiers are removed and we need to remove mention of them for the text. We have slated a pass over the embark screen and the embark loadouts itself so that'll be cleaned up soon.

Menthol_Penguin likes this.
  4. mcnostril

mcnostril "The First To Crash"

Day 24, everything's been pretty smooth so far.

Stuff I've noticed:
    Weird blueprint bugs. They don't seem to affect module placement/usage, but there's a lot of graphical weirdness like this (sometimes even the full blueprint disappears, leaving just an outline)

Screen Shot 07-27-16 at 08.57 PM.JPG

This randomly stuck colonist:
    Screen Shot 07-28-16 at 12.18 PM.JPG
    There's been no combat in the colony yet, I just noticed she stopped moving when I got the starvation message.
    (the only noteworthy things to happen where she's standing has been a lot of specters doing their spectry things earlier)
    EDIT: The soldier died, but now no one is picking up the corpse, even if everyone is available for the job (there is an assignment in the list, but everyone ignores it).
    EDIT UPDATE: After flattening a large swathe around the corpse, colonists finally buried the corpse.

I'm sure it's already logged, but module construction queues are still bugged occasionally, not clearing the queue on items that have already been built, or giving a completion message on "minimum #" orders (which results in the queue still being there, but no more production happens if the number of items dips again).

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  5. Mikel

One oddity: a fox walked up to my stockpile and pilfered some sausages. The entire stack disappeared, but the inventory still listed them.

6. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

I reclaimed the log but it was never used or placed back in stockpile and it just stayed on the bench. It's happened before with glass bottles in the kitchen while making preserves, they just don't get forbidden like the log this time.

If the glass bottles or other items get stuck and are unusable again I'll provide you with the usual files.

7. Mikel

Also, the lower class cabinets have one name when building them, but a different name in the decor menu. Simple and cheap

8. mcnostril

Building brick walls actually uses logs.
    Blops.

9. mcnostril

Crash after a good ol' Quaggy event
    (the event went fine, for the next day or so 3 people had a horrifying transformation, the game crashed shortly after the last one while I was reassigning labourers).
    Console log is like 78 megs.

EDIT: Loading the autosave after the quaggy event crashes, but the one right before loads fine.
    EDIT²: Added zipped console

Attached Files:

10. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

If the console is too big, zip it.

11. Unforked

Unforked Member

Just curious, are you able to prevent the big Q from waking with any of the event options? Haven't seen it in this build yet, but I've never stopped it before.

Now that I think about it, there's shouldn't be a "one option always works" solution, otherwise every player would choose that to prevent catastrophe. It would just be nice to know why a certain option didn't work in that particular case. Like the counter ritual, for example.

Edit: Hmm, maybe the disturbance counter plays a role.

12. mcnostril

Nope, I've tried a couple of things now but quaggy appears fairly quickly.
    The second time I did manage to beat him back with minimal damage to the colony though, so if you're ready for it it's actually manageable

EDIT:
    GHOST FENCE!
    I built a fence, then realized it was using wood instead of bricks so I tried to unbuild the fence. The colonists actually demolished the fence bits, but now after reloading this ghost fence is forever there (it doesn't seem to block pathing or building)
    . Screen Shot 07-28-16 at 01.50 PM.JPG

EDIT2:
    Script error
    Screen Shot 07-28-16 at 02.04 PM.JPG

13. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

@mcnostril do you have a console.txt for that script error?

14. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Found the issue, added a check for it; fixed for 53A.

15. berkstin

berkstin Member

Is 53A what was just pushed out to Steam, or is that a hotfix for nonexperimental?

16. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Unable to clear individual gibs now ... part of the stamp clear only? If so, can we have it smaller or a pop-up to choose a few sizes? Don't want to clear gibs and mineral outcrops as well

Mikel likes this.
  17. Mikel

Yes, a smaller stamp could be helpful...

18. Mikel

I had a bandit raid.... Even with a barracks, my entire colony stepped in and dispatched the ruffians... 'Twas funny to watch the entire population go chasing after the last of them... Like a bunch of four year olds playing soccer...

Unforked likes this.
  19. mcnostril

Same here, just had the foreign invasion, every single colonist is still going up to pummel invaders.

Incidentally, Steam Knights are close to being useless, they appear in a random spot, then wander away, and somehow manage to be nowhere near any fights.

20. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Well, the autosave certainly shouldn't crash. Send it over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.