BETA 52C: POUNDED INTO THE DIRT BY APPARENTLY EXTREME UPKEEP REQUIREMENT NUMBERS

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jul 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Also getting saves crashing a minute into being loaded.

Colony started this afternoon so definitely a 52C save.

Edit: Forgot .dmp files. Now added.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  2. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Phew - thought it was just me. Nothing loads after saving. Did yours happen after a bandit attack was announced?

3. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Nope. Just a typical colonial day.

Though I'm finding autosaves load fine.

Going to be poking it a bit further to see if standard saves load fine as well and if the crash only occurs with saves made during the "Save and quit" option.

Update:

Ok, so going back to a autosave made a few minutes before the problem save gives no problems.

Making a new save and loading it is fine. (so far)

Saving and quitting loads fine. (so far)

Can only guess I happened across something in the problem save that was constantly getting triggered a minute in that causes the game to crash, so not the same problem you're having Bluebird.

On the bright side hopefully whatever caused my crash with that save should be easy to identify if it happens 100% of the time a minute into loading it.

4. Selly1

Selly1 Member

Suggestion for balance:

The counter for colonists definitely needs to start at zero for housing, EG you start the game at 7/0 colonists.

Splitting the housing counter into three, for lower, middle and upper classes, would be useful.

Adding more basic building materials to all starting loadouts would help things get off the ground faster… so we could at least build some basic shacks immediately.

Barracks should class as housing for the purposes of a population count.

5. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Another weird one. Whilst doing a lot of loads, main menu, load again to see if I could reproduce the crash on any other saves I had this happen:

[​IMG]

Attempting to save and quit so I could upload save, console and such caused the game to crash during the save.

Noticing a lot of "[MISC] serializing object with registered ID -1" repetition during save in the console spew out which seems.... wrong?

Attached Files:

6. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

There are two crashes here. One has to do with call being made to refresh production module UI that seems unhappy (possibly trying to reference a VB or something that doesn't exist.) One is crashing when saving ghost models.

Question: does the crash on autosave *only* happen after a trip to the main menu after starting a new game?

7. tojosan

tojosan Member

I still want to be able to change the whole unit name. Any chance of that?

8. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

Okay, so I've played a bit...and it just seems confusing and convoluted...I get the upkeep and agree with it, nothing lasts forever, unless of course it's on the internet...

That being said...and I'm not sure if this has been suggested, I have read the forums and even the conversations about the upkeep is confusing me...and I'm no dummy. Would it be feasible or even maybe better (and by better I mean in my opinion) to actually make a "janitorial/maintenance" shop? That way you can assign people to do the upkeep...have them have the abilities to make the tools they need for said upkeep. I think it'd be less confusing...the trunk/upkeep thing has me shying away from playing...and that's all I want to do is play...

Fluffeh and Selly1 like this.
  9. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

One small suggestion would be that upkeep might not be such a chore in its current iteration if each workshop didn't all break at the same time. Perhaps if each workshop degrades on its own timer based on usage frequency?

Sort of like how modules were repaired before, but just on a building-only basis now.

10. Mad_Ludvig

Mad_Ludvig Member

That's a really good idea. Each shop could produce a certain number of widgets based on the number of production stations before needing repairs. The number could also slowly decay by itself too so that there's a cost for just having stuff sitting around without using it.

11. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

FIXED: crash during autosave

12. Unforked

Unforked Member

Has anyone ever seen the haunted furniture event arc?

I haven't seen any event arcs at all (the ones that list your past choices on the right of the screen), and I've been playing some long games lately.

Even foreign nations just attack without warning.

An Actual Englishman likes this.
  13. Agreed on this. I haven't played the latest revision but I haven't experienced any events since the haunted furniture update.

Either they've been turned off or no longer work properly.

14. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

We'll look into it.

(Also there can indeed be foreign attackers without event arcs.)

Unforked likes this.
  15. Unforked

Unforked Member

Thanks, it's a great system, seems like we should get them at least once in a long game.

16. boredom00

boredom00 Member

Game crashes on building too small workshops (tested 1x1 and 1x2; 2x2 works for lower class house even though it was below minimum materials)
    About the new imigration system...
    I think i prefer the old one, being more random.Newer knowing who is comming, or when just feels more exciting.
    In addition you could just throw away Overseers which you don't like and get them back the day after.
    If you have to change the imigration system I would prefer a per bed system. Forcing a certain size limits variety too.
    Also the system promotes building empty houses which i kinda dislike. For once just to get workers faster at the start, but in the long run aswell, since one 8 person lower class house (q6) and three empty 2x2 lower class houses are already cheaper than four q3 3x3 houses (not to mention the increased cost if you want to have a quality 6 two person house).
    Barracks feel kinda functionless now, similiar to naturalist's office. You need them to asign the overseer, but 2x2 is enough to place a rug and a weapon rack.

17. tojosan

tojosan Member

Okay, I had three soldiers but the bandits, at least 4 or 5 of them. Village wipe out.
    Also, still not enough wood.

18. gmkchicago

gmkchicago Member

1) Making master repair trunks yields 4 trunks per single ingot in the metal workshop. (I like this, hope it isn't an error, though tooltip says one to one)
    2) See attached save. My kitchen broke down. I have enough repair trunks but no one will fix it, the repair job is not even in the queue. Every day, at the beginning of the day, I get a notification that my kitchen broke down (like a new notification each day).

Attached Files:

19. Mad_Ludvig

Mad_Ludvig Member

Are workers supposed to be able to mine surface nodes? If I assign them to an overseer who's only job is to mine, they just kind of stand around and provide encouragement instead of actually mining. Slackers.

Attached Files:

20. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

He must have complained until he was blue in the face.

Tikigod likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.