BETA 51D BETA 51D: WE'RE GOING TO NEED MORE GUNS

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jun 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

As always, it's on the experimental branch on Steam.

Beta 51D Major Changes

• 51C lockups fixed!
    • Military squad weapons are now assigned through their Barracks (additional weapon loadouts can be unlocked by placing weapons lockers in the Barracks)
    • Weapons are no longer individually constructed; you can produce a boxed weapons locker and place that in a barracks to equip a squad with a type of weapon
    • Combat improved in various, ongoing ways via various fixes/additions to animation logic and combat jobs
    • 'basic food' has been replaced by individual recipes
    • advanced machines have been added to the game
    consolidated changelog for Beta 51D

injured people will use injured walk (this affects combat massively)
    improved aesthetics of REDACTED slightly
    the weapon loadout of a military squad is now controlled by its Barracks; default is pistols
    additional weapon loadouts in Barracks can be enabled by installing new weapons lockers
    civilian hunters no longer conflict with your military's weapon use
    combat AI tweaked slightly so that soldiers will shoot non-fleeing enemies over fleeing enemies more commonly
    "basic food" has been removed and replaced with a small number of 1-food recipes.
    added new barracks gun modules (with placeholder models)
    added more high-tier modules to the game
    updated UI framework for minimized windows
    work shift panel now visible on all buildings (& removed old message code)
    added framework for barracks changes
    added improvements to escape key sequencing (more work to do there)
    FIXED: a bunch of minor tooltip style issues
    FIXED: temporary military chars should no longer be assignable to buildings
    FIXED: small issues w/ tutorial text and grammar
    FIXED: minor fix to naturalism surveying animation
    FIXED: opium being impossible to research
    FIXED: variable walk/run speeds among different entities
    FIXED (51C): lock up after loading games from 51C
    FIXED (51B): smelt brass ingots (and various issues in metalworks recipes)
    FIXED (51C): bricabrac output amount incorrect, took zero time
    FIXED (51B): research_family_tree scripterror

2. Unforked

Unforked Member

Ah, the oft-requested military loadout assignment is here, this will please many!

Advanced machines you say? Off to build those now.

3. gmkchicago

gmkchicago Member

Crash upon trying to demolish a mine.

Attached Files:

4. berkstin

berkstin Member

Any chance this will fix the no-notifications issue I'm having on my 2012 iMac?

5. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Yay, new military stuff. Too bad I still have work. Darn this thing I call responsibility.

6. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Aaaaand it's back to how it started. :)

The circle of Food continues!

*Raises a cabbage into the air for all to witness*

Marak, PartTimeVillain and Unforked like this.
  7. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

With the removal of basic food, it might take a bit of micromanagement now that orders are made on a per-module basis.

8. Unforked

Unforked Member

It's not feeling that different to me so far. I mean, I know I have chilis so I make chili stew. It's kind of nice, because on my second oven I can make sausages without fear of the first oven stealing the meat for "basic food".

9. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

Ok, I guess ill be the first one to say it... I got a crash for you guys. It occurred when I was selecting my middle class house or barracks, though I can't say if it's connected as I was doing that plenty before without issue.

On a different note, wow this game has changed in the few weeks I have not been playing it. I like a lot of the changes, and the UI stuff is really looking good. keep it up.

But gotta say I do miss being able to queue up multiple one time module construction jobs. I am needing to micromanage the woodworking shop a lot in order to make brickabrack, then a rug, then more brickabrack, then a desk, etc. Though I do like the control benefits this has in the kitchen, where you can use it to be making everything at once relatively evenly.

Also a minor thought; I think the minimap needs a boarder, it disappears into the blackness of the unexplored, particularily in the early game.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

Brian West likes this.
  10. Rahbek23

Rahbek23 Member

Finally home from holiday and I will give the D a spin! :D

1) First thing I noticed is that I still can't cancel building blueprints by pressing cancel.

2) The fishpeople patrol text and and box are a little missaligned I guess? With extra space to the right and text touching the border to the left.

Edit: Possibly nevermind. For one reason or another it was still 51B I was playing despite me not opening steam until yesterday evening, so I should have atleast C?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  11. The loss of dropped weapons will probably hurt a lot less with the new locker setup. Is there more concrete data for weapons ingame now? I feel like that would be pretty important now that you can actually pick what your military fights with.

12. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

I think there's a mismatch for fungus stew between the stockpile and the inventory menu.

13. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Either I'm doing something terribly wrong, or the buttons on the trade window don't work.

14. Nicholas was right! It really IS a series of mustachioed men (and one hamster) telling him that the game is broken!

Jonothan Thrace and Rentahamster like this.
  15. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Trade buttons don't work.
    Foreign Office buttons sometimes don't work.
    Refined food doesn't show up anymore, so the Mecanique bonus can't be gotten. EDIT: refined food shows up for iron oven)
    Item mismatch in menu and stockpile for fungus stew. I don't know about other food items.

This save is up to 50 population.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  16. Manamoo

Manamoo Member

Okay, so I got the Fishy Idol event...but there is no text...I tried taking a screenshot...the one I hovered over showed the no text...but the entire screen was black. It isn't like that in the game...so I took another screen shot without me hovering to show you that the game is fine but the Fishy Idol text is blank. I have done this event in a previous game before with no issues. Fishy Idol.jpg Fishy Idol 2.jpg Other than that...so far, so good.

17. Unforked

Unforked Member

Welp, hope I have all the resources I need on the map to build my Grenade launcher unit and my Leyden rifle unit.

18. Selly1

Selly1 Member

Still mismatches between amounts recorded in stockpiles and inventory

upload_2016-6-4_18-26-51.png

19. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

There might be a problem with making lacquer planks (Edwina Whistle)

Attached Files:

20. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Also, airship mast signaling doesn't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.