Be Mine 3 Bundle

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by LionsDen, Jul 1, 2012.

1. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

http://groupees.com/bemine3

Is a group of games that I haven't seen listed on here and thought someone (OmniNegro) might want to know about them. I have already placed my order.

OmniNegro likes this.
  2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I like the format they use, kind of a mix between HIB and kickstarter, it's interesting.

Not particularly interested in any of those games, though.

3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Looks better than the last few Indie Royal bundles though. Thanks for the link LionsDen. :)

Anyone who has not played the Exile trilogy would do well to skip it and play this second Avernum trilogy. I hate to be critical, but this is the third 'effing identical trilogy. The first Avernum trilogy was essentially a remake of the Exile trilogy. The second Avernum trilogy is just a remake of the first. And the only reason they are letting it be part of a bundle is that they are making the whole damned thing again and renaming it. WTF is with these guys? Exile was a good game. But this will be the fourth time they remade it and pretended it was something new. /sigh

To be clear. They are not exactly identical. But the story is largely recycled and the only differences are trivial mechanics and making some areas above ground instead of below. And I really, really mean largely recycled. Change the names and tweak the story a tiny bit and pretend it is new. I have played this entire series.

But I will buy the bundle on the third. (I get paid on the third.)

4. ProtoMan

ProtoMan Member

Postal 2 aside, are the other games worth it? I haven't heard much of them.
    Especially since I just bought the new indie royale, DA:O on amazon, and Deus Ex complete pack. I'm overloaded on new games before the steam summer sale even starts.

5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Postal 2? Well at least it was not Postal 3... It had some good parts. But really, how long does it remain humorous to bash someone to death with a phallus shaped unmentionable melee weapon and piss on them? If I were still 12 it would be fun. But even then it would get old fast.

6. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

I've heard good things about the first 2 Postal games. Specifically, that they're Hollywood-esque, "this-is-what's-wrong-with-today's-kids" murder simulators...done perfectly. Got Postal 1 from an Indie Gala and 2 from this, but haven't played either yet; I've been busy with Dredmor and Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Postal 3 apparently is just terrible, though. IIRC it's because it's buggy and the humor was pretty much entirely composed of what Omni was talking about.

Kazeto likes this.
  7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I have played all three Postal games. They are pretty awful really. Bu the third is so crashy and more bug-riddled than a slumland ghetto motel, that you simply cannot find words to describe it with any accuracy besides growling for half an hour. :)

8. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I just bought this one. Downloading the one thing I care to have from it now.