Basic starter gear

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Loerwyn, Sep 27, 2012.

1. sam12six

sam12six Member

I agree. Would you agree that it makes no sense to give a warrior skill a corresponding piece of armor that is pretty powerful for a starting character to only make this more the case? Or that since every other skill that grants objects either gives you random ones or the crappiest example of them, giving you a relatively powerful piece of armor at the beginning is a little out of sync with the other skills?

Masturbation doesn't make me sick. It can be a pretty pleasurable activity. No need to feel defensive that someone points out what it is though...

2. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Yes, I do agree. In fact, I'm speaking with this in mind, and like I've said, I don't think that the crappy armour that Master of Arms gives you is "pretty powerful". I tend to leave it as soon as I can, and it is rarerly after the first level. Also because those armors tend to spam in numbers on first floors from every kind of quest, magically enchanted too. And with all those hero tombs, there are lot of those of that warrior Gunther which gives you this armor plus one of the crappier shields. So a warrior which wants that armor is going to have it anyway, with little-to-no effort.
    Plus, that armor is in fact one of the crappiest ones, since it's a very bad heavy armor. It's true that the weapon skills let you start with the lowest possible weapon in hand, but without that single weapon, it's a pain in the ass to start killing, as any rogue/wizard mix can tell you.
    Btw, I'm not on the difensive, no one can threats anyone here.

3. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

Warcraft 3 tended to be the exception to that; spells like Water Elemental and Flame Strike were awesome early, but capped out early (since there was no Magic Power), whereas things like Critical Strike and Evasion got to multiply all the damage/attackspeed/health/etc bonuses you got from levels and equipment as the game went long.

/tangent

Vitellozzo likes this.
  4. sam12six

sam12six Member

Like I said, it's not that the armor is some uber item, it's that you get it at the start and it's the most protective of the bottom tier armors. That just doesn't strike me as being in line with the way weapons skills give you the weakest of bottom tier weapons. There are landmarks at the beginning of each new dungeon dive - for most of my characters, it's a notable boost when I find something with 1:armor_asorb:, much less 3 - that and getting whatever spear Bee Arthur drops.

As far as quest awards, I generally clear the level before doing quests and if you're not playing NTTG, that puts your character at level 4-6, so you're probably getting more benefit from skill levels than any bottom tier gear.

Kazeto likes this.