Artifact crafting help

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by lujo86, Oct 11, 2012.

1. lujo86

lujo86 Member

Is there any thread where artifact crafting is explored in more detail?

I'm interested in setting up low investment archeology + crafting builds for cheezy xp gain, and I am looking for any comprehensive list of craftable artifacts if there is one...

So far I've got the following

Alchemy has Mossy Shield at ? and Window of elements at ???
    Smithing has nailboard mk II prototype at 2
    Tinkering has mace of windu and the endgame crossbow

Someone mentioned the tin ring, although I'm not sure you can craft it anymore.

Does anyone have practical expirience with this?

2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Perception + crafting skill, and craft whatever.

3. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

He's looking specifically for craftable artifacts.

Timberbane, the All Natural Blade.
    Three Pronged Sword.
    Omnipotent Pork Sword.
    Axetar.
    Axekeytar.
    Golden Axe.
    Bony Axe.
    Clockwork Chainaxe.
    Flail of Pleadies.
    Magma Mace.
    Nailboard Mk II Prototype.
    Gem-encrusted Crossbow.
    Mossy Shield.
    Maple Shield.

That kind of thing.

4. Wolg

Wolg Member

Doesn't museum base its rewards on how many bonus stats the item has above its base set?

5. lujo86

lujo86 Member

I think so, but also thank essence for that list, many of those i had no clue about (as far as artifact status is concerned). And yes, I'm looking for craftable artifacts for powerleveling purposes. Working on a theory I'm looking to test.

6. Psylence

Psylence Member

You can still craft tin rings.

A few builds ago I took Big Game Hunter, Wand Crafting, and Archeology so I could amass obscene amounts of raw meat through Butchery and Meatwands which I would then grind, skol, and tithe to get artifacts I could send to the museum. I only got to DL 3 before dieing in a mysterious dimension, but I had gotten about 800 XP from two lutefisk artifacts. I need to try that again as a mad scientist because so long as you have salt from Alchemical Ooze you can always make more Meatwands and Coral Wands.

7. lujo86

lujo86 Member

Ohhh, thats a nice one!

Anyone know exactly how Skolling works, as in, it seems to compare rather unfavourably to chests of evil loot in my expirience.

What I'm actually trying to figure out the optimal XP ramp build - one where the skill point investment doesn't make defeat itself. Because instead of an artifact crafting build, which sucks if you don't get the necessary recipies soon enough, is sort of always inferior to simply taking BGH, Burglary, and Archeology + a 4 skills regular build. That one eats 3 trees, but only 2 skill points to work.

8. Psylence

Psylence Member

According to the wiki, whenever you drop a load of lutefisk on a statue it takes the total amount of lutefisk you've tithed since your last artifact and multiplies it by 0.2% to determine how likely you are to receive your next artifact. When you receive an artifact it will have an enchantment for each 125 lutefisk you had tithed since your previous artifact. So, to achieve the maximum effect, you should tithe 500 lutefisk at a time since everything over that is wasted.

Turbo164 and Kazeto like this.
  9. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

You don't even need Meat Wands for that. Just summon hunting diggles and unequip your weapons, then whack away at them. It's even better if you can find two red cookbooks. After a dozen or so repititions you should have 500+ ground meat (maybe even more!).

Turbo164 and Kazeto like this.