Are we getting another expansion (community driven or otherwise) anytime soon?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by AllurlewtsRbelongtome, Apr 8, 2013.

?

Your thoughts on the next DoD expansion, if there is one.

1. Will get it it's free

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Don't care much for additional official content, mods are enough for me

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. Will pay for new content

28 vote(s)
    90.3%
  4. Don't care much for DoD anymore, waiting for CE

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. I understand that, but part of the reason why I made this poll in this first place was to show that people still care enough about this game they'll pay for more content. Still, I fully understand that Gaslamp has set ambitious objectives for CE, and they probably have deadlines they are falling behind by a lot (that tends to happen when you have ambitious objectives), and we're probably not seeing another expansion until they are happy enough with the progress they have made in CE to justify taking some time away from it to make some more DoD.
    The problem is, i've been there too (albeit in different work context) - where you have to a choice between working on something new (which will make you money in the long term), and tightening the bolts on something you've already finished (which will also make you money in the long term). You end up in this rock and a hard place situation whereby you can't quite decide what should be getting more of your time. What generally makes the decision is the state of your finances - you work on the new project until you need additional money, then you go back and see how you can squeeze money out of the old project.
    The problem with that? People might have stopped caring about the older project by the time you get around to doing that. On the other hand, if you maintain a schedule whereby you get content updates out at consistent intervals, then you keep those people coming back for more, and keep drawing new customers. Sure, it might set you back a few months on the next big thing, but i've found the delay to be almost always worth it.
    Ahum, if that made sense to you, you really should consider moving into management if you haven't already.

2. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Back uo your saves first

3. Yes. You should. Currently on a full game clear run, and i've disabled updating against the off chance i forget about the game, and lose my near complete end-game save when the game updates.