Archaeology nerf

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tacroy, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Tacroy

Tacroy Member

Was it a funny name artifact staff (e.g, Something the Something of Other Thing) or a premade standard artifact staff (e.g, Staff of Immaculate Conceptualiztion)?

2. Anacone

Anacone Member

Having played now hours, game seems much harder now after last patch, should have said that I didn't even use Ancient Kronian Ritual before, because I went always for This translation is wrong -> Ninja Vanish -> Smithing or Tinkering and then for weapon skills. Some variation depending with equipment.

Now it seems actually really useful to get first on.

3. tcjsavannah

tcjsavannah Member

@Tacroy - randart, not an unrandart. Each time I use "This Translation is All Wrong!" it changes the name of the staff.

4. Patchumz

Patchumz Member

I replicated the TTiAW bug, http://i.imgur.com/Zw4fC.png

There's a point of critical mass on stat slots, once you reach it your TTiAW will start indefinitely adding lots of stat slots, instead of simply changing them around like it's supposed to. Easy to avoid abusing the bug, you have to anvil an item quite a bit to reach critical mass, though I dunno how many slots exactly.

5. Lord Blade

Lord Blade Member

Cool, I can't wait to start my next character so I can try to make an item like that.

6. Anacone

Anacone Member

I must confess, I didn't really know what I was talking about rerolling being op. Now I think, that sure in small scale it's nor op or underpowered but as Tacroy said is one key to make whole Archaeology op. It comes easily tool combined with Ancient Kronian Ritual to make yourself op even if you don't know you can get op with it.

And if you know how and really try you may succeed making yourself really powerful in short time with some smithing.

7. Omnia0001

Omnia0001 Member

Archaeology is OP in the sense that (yay odd parallel) Jace the Mindsculpter is OP in MTG, both are very all-around useful in a utility sense.
    Arch gives useful stats passively per rank (mostly the trap-related things), give a unique starting headgear that is very solid headgear, and each rank past the first has an ability linked to it. TTiAW removes/limits the luck variables of the game and allows people to 'tailor' buffs to their specs. Kronian Ritual is immensely useful for doubling up the limited number of buff/enchant opportinities, and the last one is helpful as an exp steroid (although it seems to be a bit limited)

My "nerf" would probably be adding 2 levels of passive buffs to sparse out the good abilities in the tree. Since it's a 4 skill tree, and all of them (except the first if it doesn't grant the fedora) are useful and relatively easy to get.