Aquaman's Mod Creators!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Aquaman, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Aquaman

Aquaman Member

Info
    • Took me a while but a new update with a large amount of internal changes has arrived! This includes an actual save/load system and some less noticeable code changes.
    • This is not a mod. However these are utilities designed to easily, and quickly create working mods.
    • These programs will nearly eliminate all needs to code by replacing everything with a user friendly interface.
    • It's so easy...even a Diggle could use it! ;)
    I Found a Bug!
    • Found a bug?
    • Something misspelled or not working properly?
    Let me know so I can fix the issue as soon as possible.
    Feedback is Appreciated
    • Let me know what you do or do not like!
    • Future releases of my modding programs will contain similar appearance and functions unless you tell me what could be better.
    • Not to mention it lets me know people are trying it out and everything's working.
    Pics!
    The Mod Creator's!
    I'm not asking for credit to any of your mods you might create, however if you use a mod creator I would appreciate recognition. Not in the mod itself but in the post in which you have the mod available.
    [​IMG]

lilystorm, Jellp, OmniNegro and 4 others like this.
  2. Aquaman

Aquaman Member

To Do
    • Enable items to cast spells.
    • recipe creation
    • allow upload of multiple images into the pre-packaged mod.
    • remember previous folder location. I think I'm going to try and make a config file of sorts.
    • Pre-Package mods in a zip(or more likely a folder) Done however, I need to make it more user-friendly
    Known Bugs
    • Thrown weapons cause a crash.(need to add code for animations)

lujo86 and MrAltamente like this.
  3. Zay2233

Zay2233 Member

Here's a bug I found. I clicked the save button.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Gaslamp Games\Dungeons of Dredmor\mods\PWN.xml'.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
    at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
    at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
    at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append)
    at DoD_Mod_Maker.Form1.Save_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.261 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    DoD_Mod_Maker
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/3%20Kids/Desktop/dod_item_creator.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.261 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    ************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.
    For example:
    <configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>
    When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

4. Aquaman

Aquaman Member

That message is because you tried saving to a location that does not exist ;)

Make sure that all folders you are saving to exist, I haven't been able to make it create the location if it doesn't already exist yet :(

MrAltamente likes this.
  5. Zay2233

Zay2233 Member

I see why It messed up now. It says C:\Users\Owner but it should say C:\Users\[actual username]

Thanks!

6. Aquaman

Aquaman Member

Glad to help, and if you have any suggestions on what could be improved I'd love some feedback!

This next part is to everybody:

I have a question concerning future releases. Would you prefer all of the mod creators in a single application(as in items,skills,monsters etc. all made in one program) or each type of mod/xml to have it's own separate program?

I personally am thinking to have each it's own program for sake of the coding being better organized; however I am open to suggestions from the community before I proceed.

7. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Separate could be a good idea.

8. Aquaman

Aquaman Member

Update Item Creator V1.1
    • Item Creator now creates folders/file path if not already present
    • Generates a modDB.xml
    • Saves mod as itemDB.xml
    • damages and resistances now may have negative values
    • item level cap raised to 20.
    • minor internal tweaks. It probably runs a one-hundredth of a second faster ;)

9. Zay2233

Zay2233 Member

I think seperate would be best. may help limit bugs.

10. Aquaman

Aquaman Member

Item Creator V1.1.1
    • Major save crash fixed
    • mod.xml now saves properly
    • damages no longer create empty tags if not used
    • Above applies to resistances

11. Aquaman

Aquaman Member

Item Creator V1.1.4
    (I snuck in a few updates in between but here is a summary)​
    • Modified some of the UI
    • Changed how the game saves(internally)
    • updated magic reflection
    • fixed the mod.xml from not saving correctly
    • program is now in a zipped folder for download
    • preview screen now saves manual changes correctly
    Planned Features
    • Saving mod prepackaged and organized ready to play
    • Image previewer
    • recipe creation
    • casting spells
    • Artifact items
    • thrown items
    • wands

Daynab likes this.
  12. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

brb, making a Tunnel Snakes jacket. :D i really like this.

13. Aquaman

Aquaman Member

Let me know how things work out!

I haven't gotten as much feedback as I would have expected but it makes my life a lot easier haha. If something is not working as you think it should be let me know.

Mainly saves because that's what I have been messing around with lately...trying to get it to automatically zip into a useable mod is not looking like it will happen :(

14. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Okay-- my first impression for the item maker:

It works great!

A few things that might make it simpler:
    • Instead of having it save files directly into the DoD mod folder, it might be easier if there was an option to save where the user wanted, under the assumption that once it's done, they'd move it there.
    • A basic code to create a skill tree or a custom room on the first floor which grants you all of the custom items in the mod.
    Really neat so far. I'm going to play around with this more tomorrow!

15. Aquaman

Aquaman Member

First Bullet point is possible(Or should be!): The path to the save folder should be able to be changed. In the future I will have a config file so it remembers the users last choice so one doesn't have to change it all the time.

Second Bullet Point: Those are things which will have their own mod creator program. There is just way to much variety and options that go into those type of mods that it wouldn't be feasible to try and make something really quick :p

16. Cliff Racer

Cliff Racer Member

This is an excellent idea. I have an idea for a feature as well!

• The option to upload custom images.
    This saves you the trouble of making a set of default images, since people can make their own and use those! Tada~

17. Aquaman

Aquaman Member

This feature should already be semi-working. In its current state the mod loader will allow you to choose the location of where the file will be within the mod. However it is required by the user to place the image in the correct location.

My next main focus right now is making the program package the entire mod into a folder-ready to be zipped-, this will include placing pictures in correct folders, and placing mod xml's in correct folders(the later of which it already does). I would like to have the program zip it all up for the user however this does not seem possible(for me to do at least).

18. This is a great idea, I'm really interested and will have to follow your progress. I've got a mod knocking around in my brain and this should help me get it out.

19. A couple notes, Asphyxative damage resist is being put in as Aphyxative, and if you add damage to a non weapon to make an item such as the Stiletto Boots it applies Weapon Damage instead of Damagebuff.

20. Jellp

Jellp Member

If this could be able to create wands (with their spells), I would break down my gun rooms, and make place for an in-game palace for you. :eek:

EDIT: oops, did I bump this very old thread. If it's against the rules: Sorry, just wanted to check out his signature.