Anyone ever seen a 'Best Skill' other than Military?

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Mikel, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

I don't know if there is a threshold involved or if I don't play my colonies long enough (given recent food problems this is likely), but I see my colonists improve in skills in the system window and can verify a not terrible skill rating, but see no changes in the work crew list value.

2. No, I've had work crews at 'half-decent' farming and it didn't show up on the work crew list.

3. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

It does seem like a UI error. The skill ups do work though. My late game chefs and farmers work reeeeaaally fast.

Tarod likes this.
  4. mailersmate

mailersmate Member

I've never seen a skill above not terrible

5. Mikel

Well, I managed to run a colony for a good while with decent food management.... Had my kitchen overseer up to half decent. Then my metalworks stopped working. R42 can't come to the Mac soon enough.

6. Andouce

Andouce Member

I am sure that I have seen it working before. Having say best skill, carpentry etc.

Military I always see my NCO having but I'm sure as I say I saw 1 work crew with it once.

7. Mikel

I never did see anything from the developers about this...

8. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

It's logged! OC-3770.

9. Mikel

With 42E, I have received new overseers with best skills. But no starting overseer seems to show one, no matter how skilled they become.

10. berkstin

berkstin Member

My first game in 42E I got a cook with pretty high skills although I can't remember what her level was called (I think it was the one above 'middling')- it made a HUGE difference - when she was cooking her progress bar was blue instead of brown and she could finish any meal in about 2 seconds. It was awesome.

11. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

The skills themselves certainly seem to be working fine.

What doesn't seem to be working is the display of "Workcrew best skill". So it seems to be just a cosmetic/visual problem.

When I'm not testing something specific I tend to always embark with the skilled overseers option. And whilst it does tend to sometimes fail to give one or two overseers a higher skill, the ones that are higher are noticeably more efficient in their focused profession.

Having a overseer from day 1 with a higher skill in farming makes quite the difference.