Windows Vista/7 64-bit Anyone else having an issue with Recursive Curse and others like it?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Knallis, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Knallis

Knallis Member

Lately I noticed that my Nightmare Curse has been... really useless lately. It infrequently hurts enemies overtime and or puts them to sleep, and most of the time it just hurts them once and then does nothing else at all.

I was thinking it had something to do with the attack being resisted or something, but then the same thing is happening to Recursive Curse. I'll cast it on an enemy and it will work, but another enemy of the exact same species will be completely immune to it, only getting hurt once. The "resist" text does not appear above enemies when this happens, and re-casting it numerous times on the enemy only results in it getting hurt just once each time. After 3 casts, the enemy will march towards me without taking any dot's from any of the 3 casts. But then an enemy of the same species will be vulnerable again.

its like individual enemies are randomly being completely immune to dots, that or they become immune to it from resisting a dot just the once, but I don't know if that is the case because sometimes the enemy will not resist the first encounter spell at all and still be immune to it.

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

It's not just Recursive, it's pretty much all dots and I agree with you it does suck. I already reported this to the devs so I don't know what will happen.

3. Knallis

Knallis Member

Tell them that Tenebrous Rift is also not cursing me. It sometimes puts its curses on me but only once out of like 20 casts; I'm pretty much using it in place of recursive and spamming it with abandon.

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Are you using it on the ground or on enemies? because not cursing you when you cast it on the ground is an ancient bug, heh