Any interest for a community colony?

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by mailersmate, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

(Send me the save?)

2. @Nicholas , the save file is at the bottom of @Lily Phoenix 's last post.

Also, I've noticed that even if I set the game to the stable branch, it occasionally resets it back to the experimental branch (it did that the last time I played, so I had to manually change it back to stable branch and resume play.)

@mailersmate , I suspect that is the case, since you mentioned "the save won't load and is crashing the game." This is exactly what happened that made me look to find out that the game settings had somehow reverted back to experimental branch. :(

You can try what I did and manually reset the game settings back to stable branch. That did the trick for me and resumed play.

P.S. I do not have access to my game computer until the weekend, but I will definitely try to load the game save in question by then if no one else has posted that they have done so.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  3. mailersmate

mailersmate Member

Hey
    I've confirmed I'm not in the beta channel and tried loading again. Still no luck with it.

4. Nicholas

Works here for me on 44 from Steam; does, indeed, crash on the latest revision (because a type changed from being gameGridPositions to being indexes when I did some major cleanup.) So, yeah. For some reason, you're not on the experimental branch. Try completely deleting/uninstalling your game and trying again.

5. mailersmate

mailersmate Member

OK, I'll try a full reinstall tomorrow

6. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Hey, I'm going to have to bow out of this community colony. With r45 imminent, and a number of video things I want to do, I'm going to be a bit pressed for time.

7. Lily Phoenix

Lily Phoenix Member

I did play on the stable branch, yes!

Are we going to continue this? Or should we take a little break and wait for more people to be available again?

8. Unforked

Unforked Member

My humble suggestion is that someone blow this colony up in order to start fresh when the new stable build arrives soon. Mysterious crop sabotage?

9. Nicholas

(I suggest somebody takes the lead and wraps this one up Today.)

10. mailersmate

mailersmate Member

Hey

I've tried reinstalling. The only way I'm going to be able to continue is with an old save I think, so someone else should take over at this point. razrien is next up, so I suggest him unless anyone else wants it.

11. Nicholas

(Whoever takes it should turn off Steam updates because, otherwise, they will pull an incompatible EXE very shortly. The saddest fate of any colony, to be crushed by a Steam Automatic Update.)

12. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

I don't think that actually stops Steam updating when you try to fire up the game does it?

How it used to work last I had automatic updates disabled was it just stopped Steam from automatically downloading updates, but the moment you tried to launch the game Steam would go "Sure, just let me download that update first then" and patch you up.

13. Lily Phoenix

Lily Phoenix Member

Yeah, I tried to disable updating and that sort of thing happened - but it hadn't happened recently! :s

14. razrien

razrien Member

Yea, i'm ready for the next release as well.
    Thankfully this time around we didn't spiral into starvation and death due to frozen colonists.
    Pretty nice effort I suppose. 30 or so days in and nothing really catastrophic happening, aside from our kitchens not being able to keep up the pace.
    It feels good that we're almost at that point where everything is working like its supposed to.

Seems our worst enemy so far has been logistics among players, trying to get one of these going around everyones various time zones and work and school schedules.

15. Capture.JPG
    Yes, tried to load @Lily Phoenix 's last save under stable branch. No luck either. Will try experimental branch.
    Capture2.JPG
    Even when switched to experimental, the file is unplayable.

Final Report from Junior Bureaucrat Hatlocke: The airship arrived as quickly as possible to the last location of the colony. The sight surprised us all, and even drove a couple of us mad. I ordered the Airship captain to place us as close as she could without putting the vessel in immediate risk of getting trapped as well. There is absolute darkness despite being in the middle of noon. Sounds reminiscent of sawing echo occassionally, but nothing else. An unknown person who goes by the moniker "gameSpatialDictionary" keeps denying that he/she does not have any children, in triplicate. A different person, named "gameWorkshopManager" also denies having a child, but only stated it once. I search for paperwork to file the missing persons report, but they are gone when I turn around. I try to peer into the murky darkness, I see what appears to be some of the missing colonists. In what looks to be the barracks, I see a silhouette of who I believe is Rota Bronzehat asleep in a cot while a shadowy Aesop Phossyjaw appears to be asleep while walking. I was accompanied by Her Majesty's Airsailor Rescue Team. Unfortunately, they report similar sightings from what they report to be what was once the Ceramics workshop and the Woodworking workshop. We call out to them, but the beings that were once members of our thriving colonists are unresponsive. Sadly, I have no choice but to mark the entire area as uninhabitable and place warning beacons so that neither Airship nor Steamboat will get trapped into this otherworldly realm. For the safety of the Empire, I destroy the records of this colony and will claim that the men and women bravely perished in battle to preserve the honor of their families. Cog save the Queen!

Together with You in Service to Her Empire,

Wolfram Hatlocke

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    Lily Phoenix and mailersmate like this.
  16. mailersmate

mailersmate Member

Well if we don't get dark creeping clouds of doom in the final game, I'll be disappointed :)

Wolfram Hatlocke likes this.