Announcing Conquest of the Wizardlands Expansion!

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Daynab, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

From what we've been told, there are tens of thousands of WizardLands, because the passwords are phoneme-based and each phoneme affects a different aspect of the WizardLands. So it'll take a while for them to get catalogued. :)

2. Warlock

Warlock Member

That's so amazing I might buy the new expansion pack 10 times for that alone.

3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Unholy Feline Telepathy! 10k or more passwords... That sounds like a coding nightmare. But I welcome diversity. Bring it on!

4. Warlock

Warlock Member

OCDs like me will be drowning in XP and zorkmids if they introduce this setting. Will there be an achievement for conquering all the wizardland floors?

5. Musaab

Musaab Member

I have a feeling that there are 10,000+ possible combinations which "random" change certain variables within the Wizardland generator, similar to a seed in Minecraft.

Just a guess.

OmniNegro likes this.
  6. Warlock

Warlock Member

They have to totally put in a Dungeoncrafting skill just for the lolz. If I could mod worth a donut I'd do it myself, though.

7. Kaoschan

Kaoschan Member

Phoneme based password system for entering different areas...

you stole that from .hack// series! .) at least from the PS2 games :d

8. TheJadedMieu

TheJadedMieu Member

This just made me giddy like a schoolgirl. I may become addicted to Dredmor for realzies this time!

9. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

It's a little different from that, lol. You're not entering "Hidden Forbidden Diggle Dungeon". You're entering something more like "Martiquwazil".

10. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

"Diggle Hell. It’s a real place."

Spoilers? Please?

11. Musaab

Musaab Member

The real question is...is that hell for Diggles, or will be a hell for us filled with Diggles?

12. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

The answer is yes. :p

SkyMuffin likes this.
  13. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Oh, just for giggles.
    Kittens.jpg

DragonDai and Kazeto like this.
  14. jadkni

jadkni Member

GIEF NAO.

You always know the way into my wallet, Gaslamp.

15. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

16. jadkni

jadkni Member

It's actually fairly obvious when you say "gief nao" out loud. I don't think I'm *quite* at the point where I need a translator in order to communicate with other people, the internet hasn't ruined me that bad yet. :p

17. zaratustra

zaratustra Member

Modded stuff never appears in the Wizardlands, I assume? If they're to remain consistent across players?

18. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Correct, Zara. And Diggle Hell is where you go if you screw up a password. YOU NO WANT.

19. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Diggle Hell!
    Diggle Hell?
    Diggle Hell.
    (its only a model)
    'tis a silly place.

20. Warlock

Warlock Member

Broken Promethean Magic build plus any remotely broken expansion skills = a winnar is us.

Problem Diggle Gods? :p