Announcing Conquest of the Wizardlands Expansion!

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Daynab, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

"Steam Time" means that it will take "some time", where "some time" is an unspecified amount of time - maybe 15 minutes, maybe 15 hours.

2. klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk Member

I believe that is called Valve time.

3. Wolg

Wolg Member

Valve Time has a much wider margin for error, up to and including the end of the universe.

banjo2E and klaymen_sk like this.
  4. SamuelMarston

SamuelMarston Member

Assuming all is right with Steam, are we still on for tomorrow? I've got my suit laid out and everything. I mean business!

5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

If Steam is on time, yes that's still the plan.

6. Warlock

Warlock Member

I put on my archmage robe and wizard hat just for this expansion. I cannot wait even the limited time it'll take for release.

7. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Usually new releases go on after about 6pm GMT(+1?), which I think is generally between 8-11am in the US (most sales end about 10am in one of the US time zones, which is 6pm GMT(+1? I dunno!)), so any time after that.

I think YHTNTEP wasn't up fully until about 12pm, maybe 1pm, in whatever time zone Valve use.

8. mining

mining Member

pffft

9. Frelus

Frelus Member

Soldiers!
    Today will be a great day for the Eyebrow Empire!
    Our castle mages finally have managed to open the portals to our old enemies, the wizards of the Wizardlands!
    Conquistadores!
    It is our holy duty to rush there, plunder and pillage, and then be portrayed as heroes!
    Go, now!
    As soon as the portals are ully open, throw 3 coins against it to enter them and SLAUGHTER the enemy!
    For Diggle Eggs!

Frandarre and shaken like this.
  10. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

There will probably also be at least *one* thing in flames when we launch, too, so you may want to just go get a coffee and come back on Friday or something..

banjo2E and shaken like this.
  11. Warlock

Warlock Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. Frelus

Frelus Member

Can you give us an ETA in "so many hours until launch"?
    Because I do not know in which timezone you are.

13. Hybelkanin

Hybelkanin Member

Steam typically updates patches and releases late afternoons our time Frelus, if it hits today I assume it's going to be somewhere between 5-8 pm our time. (CET)

14. Frelus

Frelus Member

Ah, okay.
    Damnit.

15. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Seven hours from now is roughly the earliest it'll be. Expect it to really be about nine hours from now, though.

16. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Wait. I'm confused. I thought it was going to be up by noon EST at the latest. I know the DLC achievements are already there on Steam, which is really confusing, since the DLC itself hasn't been released.

17. DuckAndCower

DuckAndCower Member

Will our current characters be banished to the void when this rolls out?

18. Warlock

Warlock Member

They are trying to implement save compatibility. You probably won't have to worry.

19. TheJadedMieu

TheJadedMieu Member

I think so. The plan was to break save game compatibility so that we could have a new, improved save game format that stores the mods used in that save.

EDIT: Disregard, I've just seen Daynab's post in the changelog thread. The saves should be compatible.

20. Lambastard

Lambastard Member

How long? HOW LONG!?

Don't make me wait any looooonger!