Always grant heavy armor

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mr_Strange, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

I talked about this once before in a thread about Master of Arms, but I thought it was worthwhile to put it again here.

Master of Arms currently grants Iron armor as starting equipment. HOWEVER - due to a quirk in the way initial equipment is selected, you often do not get it.

Every character begins with a piece of armor - either a robe, fine linen shirt, or leather. The game selects one of those based upon whether the majority of your skills are, respectively, Wizard, Rogue, or Warrior.

If the majority of your skills are Warrior skills, you get leather armor. If you have Master of Arms, that gets upgraded to Iron.

If the majority of your skills are Wizard or Rogue, you do NOT get improved armor from the Master of Arms skill.

Please fix this, or tell me that you meant for the skill to provide less benefit to those characters who need it most!

2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I don't think it really "needs fixing" since it's the way they had wanted it to be.

I do admit that it would be nice if we got anything (leather armour, perhaps, or anything else that would've been an upgrade from what you normally get) if you have Master of Arms but most of your skill trees are not warrior ones, though.

3. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

Oh, did that get said somewhere? I thought it was obviously unintentional. Back around 1.0.3 there were complains about starting equipment not showing up if, for example, you had 2 skills that granted you a starting hat. This seems like the same issue, since it has to do with skill ordering and type.

4. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

More like "unintentional", I think it's just something that looked as a good solution back then and happened not to be the best one after players play-tested it. And I won't waste time looking for a random post from heck-knows-when when I'm not against your idea and thus there really is not need for me to prove it.