Windows Vista/7 32-bit Alt-tabbing out of the game when not playing on max. resolution flips out the game on re-focus

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Gorbax, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

I usually play on a lower resolution because I'm blind like that. If I tab out to check on a wiki entry or what-have-you, returning to the game messes it all up. Only the top left quarter of my screen is used to display the game, but it's still zoomed in as if it were showing normally. The alignment of the game is off, too, so I don't just see the top left quarter of the game, it appears to be random, with UI elements overlapping and the like.
    Buttons that I can see while all that is happening don't seem to work, nor can I move around or otherwise play. Tabbing in and out multiple times doesn't fix it, I have to end the process in Task Manager and hope my auto-save is recent.

It happens regardless of using the "-opengl" tag in the launcher options.
    It only happens when I'm not running the game at 1920 x 1200 (my native resolution). If I am, tabbing in and out works fine.

Not really a hindrance, as I just use the Steam Overlay web-browser to look things up on the wiki, but I thought you'd like to know regardless.

Kazeto likes this.