ALPHA 50F: WE ARE NOW AUTOMATICALLY ALL MEMBERS OF THE DEBUGGING FRIENDSHIP CLUB

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, May 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyjack

Cyjack Member

I was just coming to here to report this. My construction was held up for some time because the commodities menu reported I had plenty of logs, but construction didn't start up again until I chopped down some more trees.

HOWEVER, I think this is different (in some cases) from the Module not working issue. I had another situation with a workbench in the carpentry shop queued up to build a stone smelter for days and days, and with no other jobs my ceramicist would not build it. I visually counted the number of stone blocks lying around, and it should have been sufficient. The bulk of the blocks were a ways away from camp, however, and the overseer never seemed to carry more than one block to the module a day. Once I actually witnessed him carry a block most of the way, and then start walking in the other direction and set the block down maybe 30 feet from the shop. It was very frustrating.

Luckily I was able to acquire a stone smelter through trade to finally get my metalworks up and running.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  2. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Do you have a save game for that one when the smelter wasn't working?

3. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Hmm ... in this case, the stone ceramics kiln was definitely in the stockpile but never worked on. Odd. Will have another go.

4. Cyjack

Cyjack Member

It was a ceramics workbench producing a smelter. I think I probably have an earlier save game during the period where the smelter was not being produced. I have not played enough since to see if the workbench in question is still problematic even with a new job. I will look for it.

5. Cyjack

Cyjack Member

OK, here is a slightly earlier save prior to me acquiring the stone smelter through trade. Issue in question is the stone smelter in production at the ceramics workbench--the job was taking days and days. I didn't report this earlier because I wasn't completely certain if I didn't have a stone shortage.There may be other jobs competing with it for stone (like repair).

The smelter requires 6 blocks, and I visually count at least 6 blocks lying around (2 visually accounted for in stockpile, 4 or 5 lying around to the east, even though the commodities menu reports 13. There are workers diligently smashing up more rocks to the northeast. At subsequent points I clearly had even more stone lying around, but I still could not get this thing built.

*As a bonus, the carpentry shop appears to be bugged. I cannot successfully place any +quality modules in it. You'll notice I have cabinet placed that never gets built, despite having them in stock. If you open the modules menu and try to place a rug youll notice that the many of the blueprint "floortiles" are missing from the capentry shop, and if you place a rug into it, it just sort of disappears with no further indication of it being built (like a construction tag). It becomes sort of a phantom item you can only see by opening the module menu again.

Attached Files:

6. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

I think the issue with the stone smelter is that Mr. Goldenmud basically works 3 shifts a day due to having a total lack of happiness. He doesn't get cooked food all the time and sleeps on the floor some nights, so he only gets one, maybe two pieces of stone per day before he decides to just stop working.

The other issue is a rendering bug that Nick is working on

7. Cyjack

Cyjack Member

Mr Goldenmud should complain to the developers who drastically increased the production burden of the carpentry shop with all the brickabac pieces as to why he doesnt have a bed yet. ;) I doubled the sleep facilities with ample middle class housing soon after this, I swear.

There's no reason he shouldnt be getting cooked food all the time though. There's plenty of food.

8. Cyjack

Cyjack Member

[Edit] I should also mention that he produces bricks like a champ when assigned that task, even when it's second in the priority list. He will stop working on the smelter to produce bricks.

9. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

I think your issue here is that the stone is so far away and isn't stacked yet (as of this save) so it takes a huge chunk of his day to get it. We'll think about our options in making this less of an issue though.

10. Cyjack

Cyjack Member

That may be. I was at the mercy of my embark location. I don't think I've ever managed to play any version of this game long enough to where I can actually get colonists to bring everything to a stockpile and organize it. There's always something more important for them to be doing, and after a certain point the game becomes unplayable anyway due to prohibitive load times and increasing instability, so I never really get to see the game through to a point where I can finally kick back a bit and tidy up.

I would like to see mines produce stone blocks in greater frequency, that way you're not as prone to having your expansion halted from lack of nearby stone.

11. Cyjack

Cyjack Member

To clarify, when you say rendering bug it makes it sound as if it's a graphical issue. That would certainly seem the case with the missing floor tiles, but I'm still unable to build any further +quality items in that shop, dooming my crew there to work in uncomfortable conditions. Is that all part of the same rendering bug?

12. Cyjack

Cyjack Member

Ok, I've got that bugged module placement sorted.

I started having problems in multiple buildings getting modules built that i had placed. In each of those buildings I had been monkeying around with the "upgrade" function at the top right of the shop menu, which doesnt appear to do anything right now except screw up your modules. Any items I tried to place while that button had the icon of the building with a "slash" through it would not be built.

Upon clearing that upgrade button, clearing the bugged module placements, then replacing them, they were built immediately.

Now everything is really hopping. I'm getting ready to build a Leyden pistol which looks very much like a ray gun. If it turns out *not* to be a raygun, I will be drafting a stern letter to the ministry.

13. Cyjack

Cyjack Member

The attached gamesave generates two repeatable issues:

1) Upon loading, a script error related to the manufacture of copper plating in the metalworks.

2) Shortly after loading, the Wooden Altar job will complete in the carpentry shop, but no Altar will be produced. I did successfully create a wooden altar once, but then I crashed at some point and have not been able to make one since through multiple attempts. I have the necessary lacquer planks (confirmed by visual count), but upon completion of the job, neither the commodities list nor the stockpile list reports it, I cannot find it visually, and the lacquer plank stocks do not deplete. Placement orders in the chapel go unfilled.

* In addition, there is a bugged Stone Kiln in the Ceramics shop. I used the module menu to delete it since the brick kiln renders it redundant. It no longer appears in the module interface, but is still in the shop, still contributes -quality, and can still accept orders in the queue.

Attached Files:

14. Cyjack

Cyjack Member

^
    |
    Whatever the script error issue was with the copper plating in the previous save, it's now causing the worker who was assigned to that job to starve to death at the module in the metalworks, even after the job was removed from the queue and replaced with another. Worker's name is William Outgrabe. There is a ton of food within a short walking distance.

Attached Files:

15. Thank you, I was starting to wonder if this was going to get worked on at all :) (Granted, it's probably a very complicated problem to fix, so impatience is probably not good on my part.)

16. Cyjack

Cyjack Member

There's definitely something specifically bugged with copper plates. I've ruined two different forges and killed two colonists now trying to craft them. It breaks the forge, then locks the colonist to a dead task until they starve. Are copper plates behind a research wall?

[Edit] Tried again after unlocking advanced smelting or whatever it's called. Same result.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  17. So this was weird, out of nowhere the alpha intro screen showed up again, I got the "tutorial started" arc notice, and this error message came up: 20160521051328_1.jpg

18. Cyjack

Cyjack Member

Ok, the *good* news is, that despite being more "crashy" than 49, and even though the load times are still a drag...this was the first build of the game I was able to play all the way through the building/research menu without hitting a performance wall, and was able to get my colonist count over the 60 mark without becoming unplayable. So great progress on that front.

See you next build!

19. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Locking!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.