ALPHA 50C ALPHA 50C: WE WILL MASTER THESE EMOTIONS

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Apr 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unforked

Unforked Member

Did any of your farmers have the "doomed" trait? Because they WILL get bonked.

One of the funniest things to happen to me was having a doomed criminal colonist get repeatedly crushed by the illicit goods HE aquired. Having me accept his goods still made him happy. This happened a few times over the course of the game until he finally died.

dbaumgart and Samut like this.
  2. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Aha, good catch! You can get these from Novorus traders. A very good way to add a bunch of +quality to a building, too!

3. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

So thinking about it, I don't think I like "Dispair" being the new madness. It seems too close to the happy/sad scale.

I say bring back madness, or another word, like "Derangement", "Hysteria", "Anxiety", "Mania", or "Lunacy"

Personally I think Mania would be the perfect word, as it matches closely with the effect you are going for. A colonist sees something, and can't get it out of their head. Mania.

Samut likes this.
  4. Mania actually describes maladjusted high periods of euphoria and hyperactivity, sometimes delusions and some fragility in ego from the dizzying heights of emotion. Not about having something stuck in your head, it's the flipside to depression in bipolar disorder (obviously a simplification!).

Tell you what though you hint at an interesting idea in that maybe there could be a mad variant of each emotion. Despair for sadness; mania (like you said) for happiness; Anxiety/Paranoia for fear; Derangement maybe for anger? I don't know how useful that would be but it could lead some interesting places! Maybe if one gets too high it gets to this maladjusted level which can be overall a negative.

5. The bit about the work crew panel sometimes scrolling and sometimes not: what's actually happening is that the mouse wheel will only scroll the window if you have your cursor over the window's scroll bar. Anywhere else, it bleeds through the window and you end up just zooming in and out instead.

6. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

Actually it can mean both.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mania

So we are both right!

And yes, I like the idea of the word changing depending on other emotions, that would be pretty cool.

7. Huh, I see what you mean! You're talking about the excessive or unreasonable enthusiasm? Fair point!

Puzzlemaker likes this.
  8. I'm so glad illicit goods is no longer a "you MUST deal with this" issue; I was very close to asking for a way to disable the popups.

9. It looks like the planets can't align :( 20160429231012_1.jpg

Menthol_Penguin likes this.
  10. When my NCO was killed, their squad stayed together but didn't want to stay in the barracks. I guess the battlefield promotion system needs some work.

11. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

This raises an interesting question, my guess is that though the NCO died, they remain leader of the squad in some way.

Can you can refill your squad etc and just have a group of 4 lower-class foot soldiers Rallying and so on without an NCO? In fact, does the NCO's skill still apply? Hmm

12. I could reassign them to the barracks but they wouldn't actually become soldiers again (neither changing their sprites nor changing assignable jobs) and I couldn't add to the squad, but I could take members out.

13. Wolg

Wolg Member

Wall shrines can be used to pray before they are actually constructed...

14. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Had a problem making a chemistry workbench, apparently:

[Job Cancellations] Job Make Chemistry Workbench cancelled! [Unable to find a good path.]

15. EggsAckly

EggsAckly Member

I'm still playing a 50B game , best progress I've ever had . Do I have to start over to implement the changes ?

16. When I tried to run my 50B game in 50C I got a load of error messages and it crashed immediately, so probably.

17. EggsAckly

EggsAckly Member

I kind of thought so ... Oh well , I don't mind , I have restarted at least 200 times . If it gets a little better every time , great ! I've been playing since day 1 . I pre-bought it long before the first horribly buggy crashy frustrating game even came out , but I was still excited about the concept and could see the potential. Usually I would just play for a few hours once a month to see if it got better . Now it has .

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  18. EggsAckly

EggsAckly Member

This is from a 50B game so I'm not sure if it's still relevant . I had enough research points for grape growing , but when I clicked it I got pumpkins . I waited until I had enough for pumpkins to see if the reverse happened but it didn't . The screenshot shows I can grow pumpkins but the research screen shows they're not researched yet . .http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=676089328

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  19. Well, here's an odd thing: 20160430184139_1.jpg
    Also in the corner of that picture is a Redcoat who seems to be locked in "talk to fishperson" mode.

20. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

[​IMG]

Turns out I was wrong, I just rebuilt my Pyramid in the same size and layout...

Fredrik likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.