ALPHA 49C ALPHA 49C: STRANGE METEORS AND MINIMAPS

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Apr 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

If your implementation is like what I'm thinking you're saying, you'd always use minimum sized farms.

2. Having an issue in my game right now where have 0 stone and with the explore option being locked to naturalists I can only explore by foraging/chopping trees down on the edge of the map.

3. Trifler

Trifler Member

Hmm, I think I see what you're saying. If it's completely based on labor then one plant could grow as much with five workers as five plants could with one worker.

* Well, there are things that can be done such as require at least X number of squares per worker, possibly set a minimum number of squares equal to what one worker can handle. If there aren't enough squares in the field, then slots for workers in the work group could possibly be grayed out. As far as I can tell, the main reason for the fixed sizes right now is to prevent what you're describing, where players grow one plant and assign a full work group to it. This way, there could still be a minimum size, but we can make our own shapes, and the minimum is on a per-worker basis.

* Perhaps some plant types could be more densely spaced than others.

I'm imagining the farm placement UI being like the building foundation placement tool, only instead of it telling you how many resources it will cost you, it tells you how many people can work on it and how efficient it is. Ideally it would allow editing the field size at any time (and then that same ability to edit the size after creation could be applied to the graveyards!).

Ultimately it boils down to being able to fit fields into spaces of all shapes and the ability to use smaller fields when not using a full work group.

Samut likes this.
  4. BTW, the yellow disc fungus is still showing up in the inventory as Daniel's head.

5. What I do, since I can't get naturalists to actually explore, is just set rally points. Or "cheat" and draw areas out in the black.

6. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

That's my head, I'll have you know. (And I'll fix it!)

Jonothan Thrace likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.