Alpha 48 ALPHA 48 IS NOW LIVE: "All According to The Glorious Design"

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

2. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Yeah, "some crash issues".

Much appreciated.

3. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

There we go! :D

Also love the new for this update, nice little double meaning. hehe

4. Unforked

Unforked Member

Hooray!:D

I noticed conduits were teased a lot in the progress report. Possibility of a first pass on those soon? Mind you, I'm VERY happy with the new building and module placer... you just finished a massive project and should celebrate/rest. I just get really excited about conduits.:)

5. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Also Obeliskians not waking up so early change.

*does a happy dance*

Onward to the next series of experimentals and the eldritch/idol/madness secret stuff. :)

6. Nicholas

I will rest when this ******* project is done and not a moment sooner. That said, I'm really starting to run out of major technologies.

7. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Or not.... the patch notes lied!

[​IMG]

8. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

... weird. They'll still do it if they take damage OR if they were awake at gamestart, but other means should not awaken them early.

This could be one of the awake at gamestart ones, which ... are not covered by the change. I'll make a note to do that.

9. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Yay! :)

Fortunately in this case the Obeliskian chased a colonist around the colony, allowing me to throw my 1 worker into the military and have them and the NCO chase behind slowly taking it down, so wasn't a slaughter this time.

Also, is it strange that seeing that windows/doors now carve holes in walls again made me oddly excited?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  10. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Still getting a few invisible construction ghosts, not sure if that was meant to be nuked for R48 or not.

In this case two windows ghosts are invisible, but the rest of the construction ghosts are fine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Everything was displaying fine before the building was constructed. Then when it was done and the structure went up, those two specific construction ghosts vanished.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  11. I am getting an issue where the green people-stand-here-spots don't show when the module is placed over the layout of the building, only on the terrain outside. Can provide screenshots/save if you want!

12. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

I think that's standard for many isn't it?

Or at least I always assumed it was as I've always had that problem since the new module system and put it down to similarly never once having the border outlines for the last however many years now... in this case the green markers are there... they're just masked under the building grid markers.

13. Nicholas

Yeah, that's one of the things that didn't get fixed for 48. Not off my radar, though.

Tiki: gggggggh. So the window ghosts vanished when the building was constructed? Did they come back after switching in/out of module mode?

Menthol_Penguin likes this.
  14. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Nope, they'll only display again after being constructed.

15. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

crashes while using the new module placement system. Wooooo! Sorry I don't have a save right before the crash so I uploaded the closest one.

Gotta Say, really enjoying the style of the new module placement stuff. Also, much easier to control. Strange that module required ' green' space stays green outside of buildings etc though, also I didn't even notice it until moving the floor plan out of the buildings, as the green box is completely overshadowed by the floor of the building ghost.

Is it bad that I sort of miss the auto rotation on certain items like doors and stoves? ... yes probably.

Attached Files:

16. Ah right, it worked completely fine for me in all of the 47's so I thought it was new for 48!

Also, are crashes on loading save-games from previous versions worth posting about?

17. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Previous version support has never been a thing I don't think @Menthol_Penguin

18. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

So what happened to Cabbage?

19. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

I assume like the other locked crop it's unlocked through the lab and doing research but as I haven't bothered with doing research yet it could be a full removal for now.

20. Palindrome

Palindrome Member

Another random crash. I have been getting them in the last few updates (since 46 ish?) and they seem to occur after about an hour of gameplay with no obvious cause.

Attached Files: