ALPHA 47B now in Experimental Branch

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Feb 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

lol yes. That is one of the most important tasks for me. Especially since I don''t usually start at the starting point.

PartTimeVillain likes this.
  2. redchaostry

redchaostry Member

I use flatten terrain (and clear terrain) entirely to much. I am somewhat obsessive about making pristine terrain for me to build my (nearly insanity inducing) square-villes.

Always interesting to hear how differently developers play the game vs the community's way.

3. LSky

LSky Member

I also use the flatten terrain feature quite a bit, especially in the beginning when I'm planning out my future colony.

4. Viion

Viion Member

Always.

First thing I do is figure out where my depots should go, flatten the terrain around it for farms and then start building defence-works to limit access to food and storage. Then flatten more terrain and start building barracks at the entrance to he secure area. Flatten even more and then start building the production buildings... and fletten even more than that.... flatten terrain and building defence walls are constantly ongoing it seems in my games. Until they start starving, then I give the order to panic hehehe :)

5. tHe_silent_H

tHe_silent_H Member

Did another Palmerstroke start for quick lab, still no bar of gold(Can I sue the ministry for false advertising...?), noticed the game "pauses" for a few seconds and then quickly catches up upon changing research area's

6. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

One of the most commonly use non-building tools for me.

The map generation churns out far too much unusable land to do anything with the game without it.

Dona Nelson likes this.
  7. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Likely one of the known cosmetic issues mentioned but:

1)

[​IMG]

Farm itself displays fine though.

[​IMG]

---------

2)

Sign hangers are causing foundation extensions like external protruding modules:

[​IMG]

Also module still has the old problem when the physical mesh is offset too far to one side from the middle of the object, should be more obvious to see what I mean here:

[​IMG]

-------

3)

The 'Help: Characters' window accessible by clicking the '?' icon on the colonist info window has a title about characters, a image for foreign office and body text about stockpile management:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  8. Well of course we use Flatten Terrain, and quite extensively! Can't jolly well expect us to go tromping about on uneven ground, can you? Imperial Boots were made for Flat Roads and Walkways, by Cog!

Dona Nelson likes this.
  9. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Am I going senile or has the max size of stockpiles gone from 7x7 to 8x8?

It the 1 unit increase completely threw off my usual balanced buildings alongside the stockpile. lol

Edit: Ah nevermind, it's a bug with the new drag area behaviour that lets you break the enforced size limits and place things at any size.

10. mcnostril

mcnostril "The First To Crash"

Dunno if I'm doing this right, these are the last two dmp files I found which I suppose are the crash dumps? I AM A MASTER BUG REPORTER.

On both of those, I was placing modules in my 3rd building (just clicked done on the floorplan, and was placing down doors) really early on.

Attached Files:

11. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Bettles attack crops ; tell soldiers to hunt them, they just walk away .. whole wheat field demolished. Strong letter written to King.

12. Unforked

Unforked Member

Woah! Just noticed the new modules!

Windmill, Waterpump, Ventilation Unit, Jail Cell, and a Power Lathe, Power Saw, and Power Stamper for STEAM KNIGHTS!!!!

...and more!

Yes, I'm excited.

13. Dona Nelson

Dona Nelson Member

Well I certainly use it. A lot. I am removing the game and reinstalling it without the experimental branch until you put this back. I want my colonies nice and flat, not wedged in between that giant ravine, that lake and those three mountainous hills.

14. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

What?

It isn't even that, so much of the map space is "nearly flat, but just rough enough you can't build on it"

15. Unforked

Unforked Member

Yeah, I always wondered what the reasoning was behind having "almost even" terrain on map generation in the first place. From a gameplay standpoint all it really does is create busywork, and visually the difference is barely apparent outside of build mode.

I can understand cliffs and such, maybe higher elevations could create a tactical advantage? But the little lumps and dips everywhere--that's more of an annoyance.

16. Wolg

Wolg Member

One less...?

I'll happily queue up a dozen flatten commands to parallelise clearing the red grid for the first four each of buildings, farms and stockpiles. The business of resource collection, construction, survival etc might start as late as noon on day 2 depending on how much has to be levelled..

Selly1 and PartTimeVillain like this.
  17. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

Good thing I am out of town... Hopefully flatten terrain will return before I do

18. Samut

Samut Member

I think if you just change the beta setting in Steam, it will revert to the last public build.

19. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Small bug, probably not worth starting a thread in the actual Bug forum:

Installing the rolling door on this Kitchen turned the two ovens invisible - they were not adjacent, the nearest one was one square distant:

oven.jpg

Attached Files:

20. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Before or after loading a save?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.