ALPHA 45A NOW IN EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Alpha 45A is looking good, in the short time I've been trying it out. Just some initial observations:

• As mentioned above, boxed modules to not appear on the commodities list - that will be pretty important, going forward. (Exactly how many rolling doors do I have in stock?)
    • I haven't come to a solid conclusion on the boxed module (bodule?) mechanic, but at the very least, it's quite interesting.
    • Kitchens can now cook sausages (yay!)
    • What meats are eligible for sausage? (I suppose I can go look at the scripts myself)
    • Raw Beetle Steak cooked in the 'Basic Food' recipe turns into Basic Food that looks exactly like Raw Beetle Steak.
    • Raw Beetle Steak cooked thusly, in previous revisions, turned instead into Cooked Beetle Steak, with its own graphics and tasty-looking grill marks.
    • How do I produce Cooked Beetle Steak now?

2. Thus far, the only problem I've run into is I no longer seem to be able to disassemble modules. I tried doing it with the game paused and unpaused, with the building containing the modules in question entirely unassigned to ensure no one was queued to use the module, but clicking to disassemble did nothing at all. No job created in the list, nothing. To interject a question here: how will that be handled now, anyway? Will the modules be destroyed, or reboxed?

3. Just one thing I noticed on Day 12. When hovering cursor over date icon it always shows as being Day 1.

4. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

Anyone able to get me a save re: not deconstructing modules? I can't repro it here.

5. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

I can't repro this as-such. I have, however, put a backup catch in the code so that if an ingredient fails to find a valid output it'll output stew instead of the "Basic Food" dummy object.

Do you have a savegame with these buggy beetle steaks? I'd like to have a closer look.

6. Can't get to my saves just yet, but a thought occurred to me: The only things I tried to deconstruct were stone ovens. Is it possible it's only not working with those? Or with things that are still built on-site? (I'll get that save up ASAP)

7. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Have you guys tried just demolishing the entire workshop and rebuilding it?

8. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Yup, here it is:

Attached Files:

9. Here's the save where I couldn't get anything to deconstruct.

Attached Files:

10. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

This is now fixed for 45B!

STGGrant likes this.
  11. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

Found a crash. I believe it s related to moving modules. I placed a wide door in my kitchen and decided immediately after to attempt to move it, but was unable to move it, so I tried deleting it, which also failed. the ghost of the module was still there. Later, it still hadn't been built (after loading the save) and so I tried deleting/moving again, it allowed me to move it, and on placing the module the game crashed. Hope that helps. Save file etc attached.

Attached Files:

12. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

It's good to see that laborers properly get the same skill as the overseers now. It's boosted my kitchen production by a lot.

13. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Can you take out the need for soldiers to squish bugs while they are rallying, please?

14. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

This still occurs in 45A, and yes, I do.

15. Danl

Danl Member

Hm. Smithing forge requires iron plates, pipes and brass cogs to build, but each of those things requires a smithing forge to create. What am I missing?

Edit: Found answer on steam forums (tooltip wrong, requires iron ingots rather than smithed items)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  16. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

As it seems that there won't be any AMD driver releases for a while I rolled back my drivers a bit to ones that don't just cause CWE to be painful to play to give 45A a little poke and some observations:

* Farms in temperature region colony are listing coconuts and bamboo as options, this seems unintended? Also with the addition of bamboo and coconuts to the crop options the window has become rather broken and is impossible to scroll now, instead when trying to scroll the slider clips right out of the window frame.

[​IMG]

------

* New production system is great. Though I'd suggest switching the rest of the carpentry orders and the left over base modules still built on-site to require planks rather than logs. With some things still requiring logs rather than planks if you have several orders lined up with plank production at the top, the workshop ends up making a lot of log sourced modules or the logs going toward undesirable modules first which cuts into planks production, which creates all sorts of bottleneck problems for maintaining production of things like ovens, plank sourced modules and certain buildings that all require planks..

Having planks as the base entry point for pretty much all other modules made in the carpentry workshop and base decor objects seems to make a lot more sense in terms of production chains, rather than having a hodgepodge assortment.

-------

* The new lamps are a great addition, though their current implementation seems a bit random as they're treated more like gabions in terms of order type than actual modules, which means once a order is placed you're stuck with it with no option to move or remove it. Nor are they rotatable which for aesthetic purposes is kind of annoying to have to have lamps facing into buildings or other weird orientations.

A new module type for 'outdoors' or even 'lighting' that these lamps could be placed under would be preferable IMO.

Edit: Backtracking to some older posts I see they weren't meant to be enabled, never mind then. :)

------

* Overseer immigration seems a bit out of control now with the new production system. Starting a new colony and by the early hours of day 6 I've already received 4 new overseers.

Edit: End of day 6 I received by 5th new overseer!

Didn't think I'd ever say this, but I find myself now having too many overseers.

------

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  17. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

So many crashes in this version. Here is a save where it is reproducible. Basically, load it, then click on the mine. then booom! Not even a dump file.

Attached Files:

18. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

The mine issue has been fixed for 45B. :)

Drumhead likes this.
  19. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

That just means you can play. :)

20. wargarurumon

wargarurumon Member

ooh man i want it sooooo fast