ALPHA 43D HOTFIX NOW IN EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

A small weekend hotfix:

FIXED: colonists grateful for their chapel will tell you that, forever, and ever
    FIXED: two more broken requirements (require_smart_object and require_container_object) causing various problems with stockpiles

2. berkstin

berkstin Member

Rallying seems to be broken. :(

3. Nicholas

Just checked it here. Works!

4. Sethiusdraven

Sethiusdraven Member

(ai-something):ForceDropItem" 220 = nul (something)
    wish my memory was better then ^^, had to close script window to save game
    **apologize, half awake, forgot about using screenshot**
    did not continue on to see if any ill effect (yet)
    didn't do anything particularly special, however I believe that the error occurred when my temporary naturalist departed at end of time served.

Attached Files:

5. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Sometimes it might seem like it's broken, but your soldiers are still just completing a previous action, or sleeping or eating or something.

6. Nicholas

Nope, it says "Rallying" if I move over them. Are you sure you're on 43D?

7. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Didn't play 43D yet. So wait, now when you command them to rally, they drop everything that they're doing and rally now? Before (43B), I would have to wait until they finished hauling goods, or until they woke up.

8. Nicholas

Okay, okay, maybe I'm confused here. My understanding of the bug from your comment was that you would set a rally point, and the military would not rally to it at all. So your complaint here is that the rally is working, but is not high enough priority? (i.e. the military should wake up and go to the rally point, and immediately drop what they're doing to also rally?)

9. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Yeah, my point was that if a player didn't notice that other currently active jobs need to complete before the rally order takes effect for individual soldiers, it might look like rallying is broken because it's not immediately responsive.

10. Nicholas

Ah! Okay - so standard military problems then. Well, that's being looked at (hence the enormous AI tool of doom I'm building in my garage.)

11. LSky

LSky Member

Excellent work and thank you for the quick response. Will test for more issues!

12. Sethiusdraven

Sethiusdraven Member

"ai_agent:ForceDropItem" 220 etc etc
    confirmed that error occurs when temporary naturalist exits after time served

13. berkstin

berkstin Member

Actually when I was playing last night, I would ask my soldiers to rally and they would NOT do it, even if their current task was "idle."

However, i was playing a game started in 43C under 43D, so perhaps that caused the issue? In any case, here's the save.

Attached Files:

14. Sethiusdraven

Sethiusdraven Member

**Cuss**
    Nearly Full wipeout by invading forces
    Problems:
    When people are assigned to Mines:
    a: Distance mine = they don't eat when dropping in town
    b: get lost in system somehow
    c: when unassigned, those who have been in a mine are not longer useful unless they get put back into same mine, sorta
    d: eventual stuck in system and die
    Starving people::: they finally get to starving, and head toward... a bed? food is right there! then they get out of bed and head to do some work, then they get there and oh yeah, this starvation thing.
    for some reason nobody wanted to construct gabions
    enemy army gets to snipe out at least 5 people before soldiers even react, they act as a group, our soldiers just dive in 1 or 2 at a time
    had temporary redcoat NCO get stuck as soon as he walked into the town
    (possibly bad luck timing here) -- alright, enemy coming, let's get em! ... just before they arrive "You've gotten Beetle infestation" right under the soldiers feet! Good Fight. Stomp the beetle, get shot, stomp the beetle, get shot, beetle ran toward enemy, go get him!
    went from Forty some colonists to 8, and 5 of them were stuck in the system. Took over a day to finally kill all the beetles before I could actually start burying dead or re-starting farm
    could you adjust the enemy army so they are more spread out, and or correlate the number of enemy units to correspond with number of villagers something like a 7 to 1 ratio which would cap at 14 when your at 100 colonists.
    I think only reason I survived with the 3 functional colonists in the aftermath was because they were off messing with rocks out in the distance, and the enemy troops walked off. Not sure of the actual number but I think I only killed maybe 4 enemy soldiers if that.

Attached Files:

15. Is it just my imagination, or perhaps a run of bad luck, or do the colonists largely seem to loathe one another entirely all the time now?

16. Sethiusdraven

Sethiusdraven Member

Not impressed with current system for receiving overseers:
    from my observations: you gain overseers now by your "production" but it seems like you don't get any points for farming. almost seems like if you want overseers, make planks, lots of planks....
    I've gone for a good 8 to 9 days without receiving an overseer (following the wipeout)
    have 3 overseers at the moment, 2 on farms, and 1 just finally got finished burying all the dead a couple days ago, attempting to cook for "production" points. may be able to utilize the farm crews now, but going for this long without any overseer increase is not good.
    Also, people that are not assigned to any crew seem to not want to do anything

17. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

We'll definitely keep tweaking the overseer immigration until it feels right. Overseer immigration will very likely be tied to economic progression at the end, but all of the right hooks are still being sorted out.

As for the unassigned workers: we will be sorting that out pretty soon. It's waiting on some of the AI tools code that Nick has been working on, but hopefully we'll be able to give them more interesting things to do soon.

18. Sethiusdraven

Sethiusdraven Member

Alright, here's my last "evil" deed of the day
    may have found where hiccup is when pertaining to overseers getting locked in workshops. Mines have been where I've seen this issue however this last round may have actually located the problem. I Think the area of time was around day 35.
    Was shuffling crews around workshops and farms.
    Crew working in Metalworks, halfway through a project, night fell, all took a nap. Pretty sure something was still in an oven
    Swapped crews around
    overseer before swap became stuck "working in metalshop" and crew went off hauling things during next day, not going to farm.
    attempted to swap back. Second overseer did not get stuck (returning something to stockpile) but a crewmember did.
    canceled all jobs at metal shop, waited, then swapped back and forth between two crews and the phrase "working in metalshop" cleared, or so I thought. Crew #1 went to farm like assigned, Crew #2 went to another farm as assigned.
    Overseer of crew #1 and crewmember of crew #2 from point that they got "hooked" while the swapping occurred, stayed in place until which time that they were starved to death (day 42).
    The portion of someone being attached to a product "in the oven" or retrieving "item in the mine" at the point when they are unassigned the task, seems to be where the characters are becoming "unhinged" within the system.
    This may account for those who get stuck when they get chased out by enemies while their in the middle of something as well.

my tips to anyone for the time being would be to ensure that the tasks are completed before moving crews, giving time from unassigning workshops to assigning next, and as for mines, either make sure you are ready to having fully dedicated crew to mine or utilize temporary overseers to them. the far off mine seemed to function pretty well with the temporary solo overseer.

Attached Files:

19. Sethiusdraven

Sethiusdraven Member

We appreciate everything you guys are doing. I'm sure many of the issues we bring you are not only difficult to locate, but difficult to fix as well. You all have been doing really great things, and continue to look forward to each new challenge that the game brings.
    There is a definitive amount of caring and enjoyment that we see from you all each week, and I feel lucky to have been a part of this from the early part of Early Access. We all see way too often other developers that either take the money and run, or just give up way too easily. You are the type of team we all want to see when something comes out early on and looks promising.
    Thank you

(off to take a nap and get ready for another several hours of chasing the colonial dream)

berkstin likes this.
  20. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think it's time to decide there's no point building a colony if the under brush has booze, comfortable beds and poetry readings.

Clearly it's a nicer place than what I have to offer them.

Right chaps! Enough of this hard living, let's go live in the woods and enjoy fine living!

:D