ALPHA 42 NOW RELEASED ON STEAM

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Aug 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Using R42, not much success with smaller farms. For 101 colonists, I've got 3 max sized farms cranking out wheat, and 1 max sized farm as either an extra farm for more wheat or when for when flax or opium is needed. I would like to expand the colony with more workshops/advanced modules, but my metal production is barely keeping up with the ovens breaking to do so even with adequate ores/charcoal, I believed there was a bottleneck in metal production. I thought that it was due to the fact that the workshops can only make one type of item at a time so I separated the metalworks into 3 separate workshops (one for making charcoal, one for making ingots, one for the pipes/plates/etc.) with multiple modules in each of them, the ingot workshop stubbornly only wants to make one ingot at a time for only one module while the other modules stand idle (see Capture.PNG). I've tried multiple restarts on this same game, but still just able to use one smelting module at a time. Is this limit of being able to use only one smelting module at a time an intended part of the game design, is it just me?

Capture.PNG Image: It seems to be only one smelting module can be used at a time, even with multiple available smelting modules.

Sorry, I was not able to upload "gameReplay-042.CER," because I get a response that the file is too large.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  2. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

The ingot workshop should be able to process as much raw material as you can feed it for a given job - i.e. if you have 10 ingots worth of raw copper and charcoal, it should be able to fill all four ovens. If you don't have that much available, it won't try. So there may be a bug. I can check the save game if you want.

Also, 101 colonists seems to be a new record. Congratulations. How's performance?

3. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

101 colonists and only 20 workcrews? How does that even work? lol

4. Nicholas, the population seems to have an upper limit of 101. For example, I would get messages that 4 more labourers arrive, but the population size stays at 101. In terms of raw ore and charcoal, I've got enough. Please check the save game, if you can get to it. I know you are all busy with mountains of mysterious eldritch undertakings.
    raw materials.PNG

Performance is smooth and continuous for the most part. However, there seems to be a barracks bug where one or both of the NCO's stops being an NCO even though they still show as the overseer of the barracks. I have to unassign and reassign my overseer every few days, but this is a recurring issue. Not a game breaker, just annoying.
    Barracks bug.PNG

It is now back to 100. The population limit seems to change from 100 to 101, with 100 being the usual upper number I see.

Attached Files:

5. Tikigod
    Now the population shows a cap of 100 with 19 work crews. Not sure how it happens, but sometimes it goes from the usual 100 to 101. But when I look back later, it's 100. But each overseer starts out with a max limit of 4 labourers. But some of the overseers seem to be able to have an upgrade in that max limit (barracks seems to say at 4, though). For example, Mrs. Ironburn oversees a farm and has upgraded her max work crew limit to 6. I don't know what the conditions are for the overseers to upgrade the work crew limits are, though. Hope this helps.
    100.PNG
    overseers.PNG

Attached Files:

6. Wolg

Wolg Member

Kitchen cook steak job appearing to grab meat from the black again...

Attached Files:

7. Is Forrest/Forest one of the choices in colonist first names?
    long pork pie.PNG long pork steak.PNG
    "Alas, poor Forest, I knew him well"

Homer simpson.jpg
    "Mmm . . . Forest Meat"

Samut likes this.
  8. Olek

Olek Member

Is it just me or are they not only leaving meat out in the wilderness, but also anything harvested on the farm plots? it's all coming up in my commodities list, but not in my stockpile list, because it's all over the place, the only way to get the food collected is to put a cook order in for it like the meat in the last build, which is severely slowing down food production.

9. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

See:

The work around isn't ironclad though, but does get colonists to haul most wilderness meat you butcher and other problem goods.

10. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

How weird, never had the workcrew worker count upgrade itself like that. Not even in a colony with 80+.

Also noticed it seems to break the workcrew window cosmetically similar to how workcrews with a long enough name break the colonist information window.

Wonder if the upgraded workcrew capacity is a bug and somehow they're reverting to pre-capacity nerf values somehow.

11. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

The 101/100 thing is due to a small gap between the way immigration works for overseers vs lower class characters. Should fix that soon. For the time being: Enjoy breaking the population cap by very small amounts.

That said, you shouldn't be getting any those immigration popups when you're capped out. Most likely when you actually clicked OK it just sent a message to the ticker about "No one showed up after all!" but still, the popup really shouldn't have appaeared in the first place. I'll look into it!

12. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

And for the work crews it sounds like it's this:

We don't currently check the cap of work crews before we add workers so that's probably why some had different caps.

13. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

So is there currently a cap to the number of overseers, lower class workers, and/or total colonists?

14. Lochar

Lochar Member

Nice update when I decided to start up my game again, was pleased to see them restock my cooked food! :) Did get a bunch of script errors on loading so I assumed it was due to last save not being in sync, but going to go play with latest build!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.