Aliasing So Bad?

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by The13thRonin, Jul 26, 2015.

1. The13thRonin

The13thRonin Member

Looking at screenshots and lets plays the game aesthetics look super smooth.

However when I load up the game my game is a mess of jaggies... Really bad... Like everywhere...

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I wish there was some way I could downscale or something... Is there a way to force AA?

I don't know why it's so bad for me... Using a SyncMaster P2350 at 1080p on a 780GTX.

I can't play with the jaggies this bad :(.

2. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

What's the actual resolution you're playing at?

Also, you can manually set your AA settings in your NVidia control panel (I've never felt I needed to do this, personally, so I'm just assuming it'll work).

3. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Clockwork Empires uses a deferred renderer, meaning that if there is anti-aliasing it needs to be done as a post-process on our end. Implementing MLAA is on my TODO list but it's not very high up on it, due to the emphasis being on gameplay. You might want to see if the driver-supported MLAA works.

4. The13thRonin

The13thRonin Member

Forcing AA through NVIDIA control panel does not seem to work and even though I have downscaling/sampling set to on I have no option to force a higher resolution either :(.

Thank you for replying Nicholas. Do you know the correct procedure to force the AA?

I understand that the game is early access and I'm sorry to bother you but its really killing the experience for me. Once I get back from work I'll post some screenshots.

5. The13thRonin

The13thRonin Member

As promised [with areas that are particularly bad highlighted in red], the more you zoom out the worse it becomes (click the image to get a full size version):

[​IMG]