After the Win (DoD based Everway-on-forum rpg signup surround!)

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Essence, Jun 3, 2012.

1. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I know it may spoil the game a little, but Essence, please tell me if I am being stupid and should spam my ability. I am trying to avoid wrecking everything for the time. At least until I see what we need to do and who our allies and enemies. But again, if I am being ignorant of what I should be doing, feel free to narrate that I intended to do what I said, but I sneezed and used Fires of Perversion on X instead.

I am thinking my OmniPresence should be mostly for scouting and communications. Am I understanding correctly?

When I stand in one spot, I presume my image flickers like a candle in a slight breeze. I never appear to have a fixed position, but I can see from all the areas I am seen from. And permitting I do not abuse it, I should be able to act in those places too.

What if something grabs for me? Would I be restrained or would I flicker out of reach? Or does it depend?

2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I think what it is supposed to be doing is giving you the ability to sense things that would require your presence without you being present there. Sort of like an extension of your senses, because you can stretch a small part of yourself to reach some spot from which you could communicate/sense.

And your movement ability seems to just be insanely quick walking, so it works well for as long as you don't need to do anything other than walking to get somewhere. Which is why you needed some sort of ladder instead of being able to just magically get up there.

3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

4. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Your tentacles made it possible for you to use the (rather unstable) ladder of dagger-like things that Oleandre made, while Billy had to climb his rope.
    Your movement is much quicker and stabler than that of normal humans (ergo you can move quickly and climb using such a ridiculous ladder), but it's still limited to walking, climbing, jumping, etc..

Essence and OmniNegro like this.
  5. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Now that I think about it, I'm wandering what kind of lie do you mean, TheJadedMieu.

Because the first one is just a rude question (because really, how do you know he was the one to bring them if it's not likely for someone to be able to keep that many softballs on them), and the latter one a meta-example of someone breaking their tongue (it was supposed to be "or" and not "of" when Oleandre was talking about the room's supposed content).

Still, I see we'll have some funky plotting that goes to Albuquerque, seeing as Oleandre thinks Zebedev thinks nothing of that, and the guy has already started doubting Oleandre's intentions.

6. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Omni -- if your'e wondering what you can do, go back and read your character sheet. The omnipresent ability specifically says you can "see and manipulate objects at a distance" -- kind of like clairvoyance+telekinesis. The whole running-up-the-dagger-ladder thing I mostly just handwaved because it made sense that a creature with a dispersed body would have a terribly easy time climbing a rickety ladder-ish compared to a normal-bodied person. :)

BTW, I'm instituting an ad-hoc rule: important things won't happen until at least 4 of 6 players have posted on the game thread since the last important event. So feel free to pester one another in chat and so forth. :p

Kazeto and OmniNegro like this.
  7. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Omni I'm a bit unclear about where your standing at the moment. Are you still up in the hunting blind or down on the giant's shoulder?

8. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

He's still up there.

By the way, OmniNegro. It would be nice if you somehow indicated when your character is talking. It would be easier to understand your pieces that way (sometimes I have to think about whether he said something or did that).

9. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, just put your dialogue in quotes, it's what I do.

10. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I know me posting there isn't going to achieve anything, but guys, please don't abandon the RP thread.

11. TheJadedMieu

TheJadedMieu Member

Just an FYI, I'll be away from home starting tomorrow until July 1st. I may or may not have Internet access at any given time, so I give Essence permission to take actions for me if need be.

12. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I was just waiting on...stuff to happen.

13. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Which makes sense, but the only people who can make stuff happen are either Essence or the players, and he did say that he isn't going to proceed with descriptions unless at least 4 of us took actions.

14. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Likewise, if I am holding things up, pretend I acted. Act for me. However things need to be to continue.

15. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Are we abandoning the attempt? Sad panda is sad. :(

Ignore this if not. I cannot really see what I can do but wait. But I still have hope that things will continue. (Today is Fathers day after all, so several of the players may be busy with that stuff.)

16. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Well, the one person who is supposed to write something now is Essence, unless he is waiting for us to do something, and he is most likely a father, so I reckon he won't be able to post today.

17. Essence

OK, y'alls turns. :)

18. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I know, Essence. I'm just trying to cope with the fact that my character will now try to trigger a laser detector...

19. Essence

Still waiting on that 4th person to reply to the in-game thread...

Did this really die so quickly?

20. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Not really, it's more that there really is no way for the fourth person to reply, because the two on the top had already taken their actions and the three down there can't do anything without first knowing what Oleandre's actions caused. Which is why I waited a bit for someone to act before he tried to trigger the "trap", as I knew it will do something like that, but apparently they were set on letting me act this time.