Adding a weapon class.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Inzaniak, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Inzaniak

Inzaniak Member

I've been working about a new skilltree and i'd like to add a new weapon class. Does anybody knows if it is possible at the moment?

2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

TTBOMK the weapon types are hardcoded, but if you want to experiment and see if I'm wrong...

1) Make a bunch of items with a new weapon type like "type=29".
    2) Try to find somewhere that defines Type 29 in string form, like "29=whips"
    3) Write a bunch of skills in SkillDB inside of tags that say <WhipsSkills></WhipsSkills>.

I doubt it will work, but you never know.

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Not possible right now, sorry. May become possible eventually.

4. Inzaniak

Inzaniak Member

It works, thanks for the answer! The only thing that i wasn't able to manage was getting the weapon name in the game. I've not found anything that defines the types of weapons in the game.

Manny Pardo, Wi§p and Godwin like this.

5. :eek:

He chose the impossible....he chose...Dredmor!

Seriously though, well done.

6. Arise, dark thread! ARISE!
    1. Can we see what you made? I'd like to even if it's unfinished.
    2. Did you try doing "override" for your weapon class, a la Tomes-Shields?

7. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

I would like to know as well, since my mod adds 2 whips to the game.

Edit: AFAIK, Overrideclassname isn't working on weapons. Need confirmation though. I've currently assigned my 2 whips as a Mace and a Polearm, with overrideclassname="Whip". Not sure, but I think it still shows up as "Mace" or "Polearm".

8. bluehinter

bluehinter Member

I can confirm. Overrideclassname only works on shields. I know, I've tried it for several other types of items (wands, weapons, food, other types of armor) and none of them accept the new name.

9. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

It should work on other types of armour. I could've sworn it worked on Helms at least. I successfully changed my "Helmet" to a "Bandana" once.

10. Manny Pardo

Manny Pardo Member

Necronomiconomical bump!

Do you still have the files you used for this? It'd be pretty cool if you could post them here. Pretty please! :)