Accidentally destroyed the Wizard key

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by Eizneckam, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Eizneckam

Eizneckam Member

Do more spawn? or should i just restart?

2. Wolg

Wolg Member

The game should keep spawning them until you pick a set up, according to a previous dev post (somewhere).

Turbo164 likes this.
  3. Eizneckam

Eizneckam Member

thanks!

4. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

Yep, supposed to be one every floor until you keep one.

5. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

... wait.

*How* did you destroy the wizardkey? I'm looking at it and I can't figure out how that's possible.

TheJadedMieu, Kazeto and OmniNegro like this.
  6. Could knocking it somewhere inaccessible effectively if not literally do that? Or do they not knock around (I've never TRIED to destroy my wizard keys so I'm not certain >.<)

7. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

The intended behaviour is that the only way to remove them is to pick them up.

8. Well right, but could a knockback effect shove one into an inaccessible area when you have no teleports?

9. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Next time I see one on non-PD I will attempt to use a shove effect on one. Depending on skills, that may require a test Diggle.

10. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Kung Fu's first skill has a "destroy foo" (I think it might have been called destroyobject) effect that in addition to crashing the game when targeted at doors and removing blockers, works on traps and may therefore work on other items, if the wizard key is considered an item for these purposes? Just throwing that out there, haven't really tested it or anything.

OmniNegro likes this.
  11. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Are you sure that the portal didn't just disappear off the side of the screen? There's that resolution bug.

12. Eizneckam

Eizneckam Member

i used the aoe from the unarmed tree, and kinda forgot the wizard key was right there, and it disappeared when hit with it.

13. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I expect next patch will make the key unmovable. I would greatly support that.

Borodin likes this.